mtbr member

New question here. Z1 Light Oil Volumes

I know a few of you are running '06 Z1 Lights on your Turners and I'm wondering if you've dialed in the oil volumes, not heights, as you've changed the oil in your fork. The manual says something about 135 cc/right and 165/left, the website says 165-170 cc in each leg. I can't even get 130 cc in the left leg before it overflows. What gives?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Crash, are you cycling the ETA cart to empty it before refilling the left side?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Crash, are you cycling the ETA cart to empty it before refilling the left side?
    I thought I cycled it sufficently. Do I need to put the top cap back before cycling it to completely expel any remaining oil? If I'm able to remove additional oil, when I refill it with the recommended 165 cc do I have to cycle it to introduce oil into the ETA cartridge thereby making room for the remaining oil in the stanction? Does Marz have a website that provides detail instruction on changing the oil?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    I thought I cycled it sufficently. Do I need to put the top cap back before cycling it to completely expel any remaining oil? If I'm able to remove additional oil, when I refill it with the recommended 165 cc do I have to cycle it to introduce oil into the ETA cartridge thereby making room for the remaining oil in the stanction? Does Marz have a website that provides detail instruction on changing the oil?
    ....if you remove the cart from the fork & are CAREFUL with the process, you can compress the cart several times with the ports at the bottom to remove the oil in the cart (just be cautious about sideloading the cart & bending the damper rod....history has proven this to be less risky then removing the springs ). You should be able to completely empty the 165 ml into the leg as long as the fork is fully extended. Are you trying to fill it with the fork compressed (you could also set the TAS to full 150mm to give the greatest inner volume available)? Afterwards you will need to cycle the fork several times to fill the ETA cart...until that point it will not function.

Jay

Members who have read this thread: 0