For you Cane Creek Double Barrel shock fans- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

For you Cane Creek Double Barrel shock fans

Here's a linky for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.canecreek.com/Latest/Late...mpionship.html
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

banned
    Sep 2005
    The course must have been riddled with 2' to flat drops!

Outcast
    Naw, more likely the course was one of those smooth hardpack courses that don't engage the high speed damping circuits.

banned
    Sep 2005
    That too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Naw, more likely the course was one of those smooth hardpack courses that don't engage the high speed damping circuits.
    Not quite ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LowG11RzD7M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LowG11RzD7M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More likely those guys would have won on whatever shock they happened to be riding, probably skills had something to do with it. I love how companies always spin the wins of their sponsored athletes to claim that they couldn't have done it without product X.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Damn.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971
    Not quite ...

More likely those guys would have won on whatever shock they happened to be riding, probably skills had something to do with it. I love how companies always spin the wins of their sponsored athletes to claim that they couldn't have done it without product X.
    Looks pretty smooth to me. Those riders just don't have their mojo-flow in sync.
    Agreed; pro riders can win on a huffy. Skillz are everything. Expensive components are for homeurs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When I clicked on that video above I was hoping it'd be of the winners cleaning tough sections. I've never liked just footage of crash after crash. Are we supposed to find these guys' hard efforts resulting in yard sales amusing? Sort of the opposite reaction to the one I had when I watched Sam Hill smokin' the competition. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

banned
    So is my CCDB still Turner Approved, or did I miss the boat, like with Z. Cavaricci jeans in 1990?

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    When I clicked on that video above I was hoping it'd be of the winners cleaning tough sections. I've never liked just footage of crash after crash. Are we supposed to find these guys' hard efforts resulting in yard sales amusing? Sort of the opposite reaction to the one I had when I watched Sam Hill smokin' the competition. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.
    The riders on that video looked like a bunch of beginner mountainbikers not carrying enough speed through that section.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    The riders on that video looked like a bunch of beginner mountainbikers not carrying enough speed through that section.
    I agree. I can just imagine the commitment it takes to hit a section like carrying a ton of speed. I remember Sam Hill basically flying over the tops of huge boulders, bouncing from one to the other. Actually, I can only imagine my own self carrying my bike around that section.

Outcast
    I just watched that video again; I don't think it was so much a lack of speed that caused all those crashes, most of those riders started their yard sales after loosing one or both of their pedals. Once that happens, you and your bike become a dead weight that just wants to get sucked into every hole. You can't float your ride over the boulders if you lose contact with your hands and feet.

Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    So is my CCDB still Turner Approved, or did I miss the boat, like with Z. Cavaricci jeans in 1990?
    It's all about Jordache now. Get'em quick!

Amphibious Technologies
    I just watched that video again; I don't think it was so much a lack of speed that caused all those crashes, most of those riders started their yard sales after loosing one or both of their pedals. Once that happens, you and your bike become a dead weight that just wants to get sucked into every hole. You can't float your ride over the boulders if you lose contact with your hands and feet.
    Well then they should have been clipped in instead of wearing flats. Rookie mistake?

Outcast
    Well then they should have been clipped in instead of wearing flats. Rookie mistake?
    clipping in may have helped. I've been knocked out of clipless pedals on occasion, so I don't see that as a complete solution. with flats, they may have had a better chance of regaining their pedals, but none of those guys made it that far.
    If they would have had their pedals Pushed, they would have cruised that section.

banned
    I think they should have been on their Crank pedals. This way we'd have had half a dozen stories about great CS posted here.

Amphibious Technologies
    clipping in may have helped. I've been knocked out of clipless pedals on occasion, so I don't see that as a complete solution. with flats, they may have had a better chance of regaining their pedals, but none of those guys made it that far.
    If they would have had their pedals Pushed, they would have cruised that section.
    Right, so I would have clipped in as you most likely won't be able to get back on your pedals once you're knocked off of them anyways.

Haha, just wait till Ohlins releases their formula1 proven Ti pedals.

Outcast
    Right, so I would have clipped in as you most like won't be able to get back on your pedals once you're knocked off of them anyways.

Haha, just wait till Ohlins releases their formula1 proven Ti pedals.
    the problem with the Ohlins/cane creek pedals is that they don't perform wellin certain high speed chattery sections. The pedals spike in those conditions, and immediately release.

Amphibious Technologies
    the problem with the Ohlins/cane creek pedals is that they don't perform wellin certain high speed chattery sections. The pedals spike in those conditions, and immediately release.
    Yeah but they come in gold ano color and that's all that matters.

Members who have read this thread: 0