mtbr member
    Feb 2005

XXL Riders-How are your Czars holding up?

Hey all,
    Looking for my next xc/marathon race rig and looking for some feedback from XXL frame riders. I'm 190lbs, 6'4", and put a lot of miles on my frames. I race endurance style races (4+ hrs) and stage races such as Breck Epic and Singletrack 6. It will also pull some XCO duty as well. Being in Canada with no Turner dealer anywhere close, any warranty issue (knock on wood, hopefully none), would be dealer direct. No warranty needed is obviously the best case scenario, but I find that have a particular talent for finding flaws in bikes and needing warranties. So, how are the frames holding up for larger riders, and when warranty is needed, how smooth and fast has the process been?
    Thanks in advance

Fat Skis/Fat Tires

XXL Riders-How are your Czars holding up?

I'm 6' 4" and 220lbs...my XL Czar has been rock solid since summer of 2014 when I built it. Czar/Nox/120mm Pike combo has been absolutely excellent

mtbr member
    No dog in this fight, but was going to ask why at 6'4" you'd be looking at an XXL, but then just checked the geo and it must be wrong How could an XXL frame have a Reach of only 17.7"/449.6mm My nearly 4 year old Phantom trail bike, size LARGE has a 450mm Reach, XL is 478mm, heck my 9 year old XL Monkey has a Reach of about 440mm and that was an XC/Trail bike designed when 29ers first came out.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Yeah, it seems odd to ride an XXL but by the numbers, and from the few riders I've talked to, you definitely need to size up. A few fellows who normally ride mediums are riding large Czars

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm heavier than you and rode a Czar for a couple of years - no problems. Singletrack 6, BCBR, Fernie riding etc. - not a hiccup. It's a really stout frame, so it sounds like a good fit for you. Hardcore bikes in Edmonton is a dealer - great shop - I've bought from them (not my Turner, but Yeti), and had them ship it to me.

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    Quote Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
    Yeah, it seems odd to ride an XXL but by the numbers, and from the few riders I've talked to, you definitely need to size up. A few fellows who normally ride mediums are riding large Czars
    Have you called Dave Turner? He would put you on a XL and you will be all smiles. That's the size he recommended for me and I'm 6'3", 35" inseam and ape arms.

mtbr member
    Yeah, IF you want to run a 100mm stem, but if you want to run a shorter 50-70mm stem XXL.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    Have you called Dave Turner? He would put you on a XL and you will be all smiles. That's the size he recommended for me and I'm 6'3", 35" inseam and ape arms.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Sizing wise, I'm sure I'm an XXL, even the XXL reach numbers are shorter than my last XL bike. Sounds like a durable frame from the feedback I'm getting, and it doesnt hurt that it's on sale right now either...