mtbr member
    Oct 2005

XR Rockers for sale?

Do I really need XR Rockers for my 04 Burner? Are any available? What am I missing by owning a Burner vs a Flux?

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    The smart@ss answer would be that you're missing .35 inches of travel, but I won't do it

Here's my take. I have an 04 Burner that I rode stock with Swinger shock for 4 months and I loved it. Easily the best bike I've ever owned - better than GFisher, Specialized, and Kona. Ask me then, and I would have told you that I didn't need to change a thing.

Ask me now that I have the XR rockers w/ Fox RP3 shock, and I'll tell you that you can improve upon the best. If I loved it before, I love it twice as much now.

Again, just my observations, but I feel like I'm getting more out of the travel, far more compliant on the small stuff, and takes the edge of larger hits. The platform adjustment on the RP3 comes in very handy if you have to hit the pavement on the way to the trailhead, or if you log some miles on the street. Most of the time, I just run it on full open and it climbs like a dream and descends like a champ. Damn - I'm so fired up just typing this that I'm going to have to cut out of work early and go ride! Thanks a lot!

I went through a two week period where it was the XR rockers w/ the Swinger - not a good combo. If you have the $ and can get your hands on both the XRs and the RP3, I'd say do it.

my .02, hope it helps.

tf

Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Do I really need XR Rockers for my 04 Burner? Are any available? What am I missing by owning a Burner vs a Flux?

banned
    I have a set of new XR rockers. I also pm'd you about them a while ago. Additionally, I have a Flux and used to have a Burner. The difference in travel between the two is noticeable.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I have a set of new XR rockers. I also pm'd you about them a while ago. Additionally, I have a Flux and used to have a Burner. The difference in travel between the two is noticeable.
    Other than additional travel, what other benefits are there with the Flux vs Burner? I am not ready to incur the expense of the rockers and RP3. The 3 way and rockers don't sound worth the trouble.

banned

over researcher
    I'm wondering if I blew it. I passed up on an '04 Burner medium sized frame (I'm 5-07) with a Fox R PP shock. The guy had it for 1 1/2 years and said he rode it approximately 1 to 2 days a week for the time he owned it. It sold for about $520 with shipping.

I currently have a steel hardtail that is around 23 to 24 pounds. I'm 32 and now live in Southern California. Some of these trails are just tough on me and my bike.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    I'm wondering if I blew it. I passed up on an '04 Burner medium sized frame (I'm 5-07) with a Fox R PP shock. The guy had it for 1 1/2 years and said he rode it approximately 1 to 2 days a week for the time he owned it. It sold for about $520 with shipping.
    There are many Burner and XCE deals out there. Finding another shouldn't be a problem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    There are many Burner and XCE deals out there. Finding another shouldn't be a problem.
    Performance(previously Supergo) has 04 Burners on sale for $699 closeout. The performance "stores" not the web-retailer. You must phone all the stores to ask if any are left. Try Lance in the Arizona store.

Members who have read this thread: 0