Woah! Brown Santa hooked us UP today!- Mtbr.com
    Feeding your addiction

Woah! Brown Santa hooked us UP today!

I'm used to getting a lot of cool stuff in, but today was definitely better than most. Got back from a ride and found a big ol' pile of sweet parts waiting. Frames, 07' 66-SL's, Code brakes, new X.9. front derailleurs, 29'er Nevegal's, etc. etc. The new X.9. front der looks FAR better than the previous X-Gen one, nice to see that it should now be genuine competition for the XT front.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ventanarama; 10-25-2006 at 10:14 PM.
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

Feeding your addiction
    66 SL pics. I know it isn't the suspension forum, but Homers seem to have more 66's per capita than everyone else combined
    5lbs 8.8oz, or 5lbs12oz with axle. I think this will definitely be one of the hottest forks of 07', very impressed so far. Weight seems very reasonable for how beefy it is.
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

No, that's not phonetic
    SHWING! Now that's an impressive haul.

How many of those boxes contain Lyrik warranty replacement forks?

The ATA added some weight, eh?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Time flies...
    Dammit, Larry!

...yer such a bad influence.....
    ...every day sends future to past...

Amphibious Technologies
    Those Codes look really nice but heavy. If I didn't like my Hopes I'd be all over those.

Do you know when the Ultimates are expected to be available?
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Those Codes look really nice but heavy.
    Well, they're made with lard-butts in mind. They were almost hard to control they were so powerful once bedded in on the Highline, and I weight 195 suited up. They would turn a bike into a trebuchet for Barny, I imagine.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Those Codes look really nice but heavy. If I didn't like my Hopes I'd be all over those.

Do you know when the Ultimates are expected to be available?
    Yeah, the Code's are heavy (over 600g) but crazy powerful. I've had Ultimates in stock for a couple weeks.

Larry

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    How many of those boxes contain Lyrik warranty replacement forks?
    Arrrggghhh, that's not funny

Amphibious Technologies
    They would turn a bike into a trebuchet for Barny, I imagine.
    I would imagine they'll do the same for me . Being relatively light, I really don't need much braking power. Well at least no more than a Hope 6Ti with a 200mm rotor
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Is the cage on the X-9 frond der. any shorter than the XT ones? I would like a little more chainstay clearance at full travel....

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by davep
    Is the cage on the X-9 frond der. any shorter than the XT ones? I would like a little more chainstay clearance at full travel....
    I think it is, I'll check tomorrow (errr, today I guess actually) and let you know for sure.

Larry

involuntary dismounter
    look Larry...i can't afford any new toys...i don't need to see these pics...especially since i really want a new fork...and really can't afford one right now...
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

trail fairy
    Um pimping I don't know if Id have the patience to open so many boxes of UGI

The 66 graphics are so cool mine look so retro now but Im still happy I went RC2X 06.

Im liking that X9 fr D that might have to go on the Spot and the old Xgen might be down graded to the RFX no Shimano on my Turners

Um how available are they V

nothing quite gets the juices flowing like new kit unless ya putting it on yr ride just installed too sets of new brakes tonight on Mudgies Spot and TAs ticket 2 ride yeahaaaa
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Hisforever
    Just wondering, Do you know anything about the 1.5 Marzocchi forks?

Nice Swag!
    Jesus Saves

Pipedream Moxie
    Spot Mayhem
    Orbea Rallon
    Transition Sentinel
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by dHarriet
    look Larry...i can't afford any new toys...i don't need to see these pics...especially since i really want a new fork...and really can't afford one right now...
    I've gotten to the point that I always lock up my wallet before opening Larry's posts...It's the only way.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Obsessed
    Any Blackspire XTR stuff in that cache of goodies?
    Confit de canard

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    larry. do those x 9's come in black as well as silver? i tried checkin the sram site but its not commin up this am.
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    I've gotten to the point that I always lock up my wallet before opening Larry's posts...It's the only way.
    Tell me about it. I was sitting here with my credit card actually out in my hand making an unrelated online purchase when I clicked on this thread. BIG Mistake.

Let me take a look see...yeah, I need one of those X9 FD's, and a pair of those Codes (weight is irrelevant...see the siggy below ). Good thing I already got an '06 66 (and I don't need the extra travel). Or else I'd really be in trouble. Still gonna be poor, though.

On the bright side, my wife is gonna divorce me, so I'll have even more time to ride and no one to tell me it's not rational to spend more on any one component (fork, brakes...take your pick) than it costs to buy a decent hardtail.

Quote Originally Posted by santiago
    Any Blackspire XTR stuff in that cache of goodies?
    do i smell cranks and rings for tina 2.0?
    No, I'm NOT back!

lurker no more
    More 07 goodness...yummy! Thanks for the peek, Larry!

Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    do i smell cranks and rings for tina 2.0?
    The smell is the remnants of my breakfast. *burp* The cranks are take-off XTR-960 that I found on Ebay without chainrings for a decent price. The rings and bashguard will be Blackspire courtesy of Larry along with full 2007 X.9 goodies.
    Confit de canard

bashring on a flux? im sure ya have yer reasons so i wont bag on ya. well, ok, maybe a little. bashring on a flux????

yer gonna dig the new x 9 if ya didnt already figure that out yerself.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Obsessed
    bashring on a flux? im sure ya have yer reasons so i wont bag on ya. well, ok, maybe a little. bashring on a flux????

yer gonna dig the new x 9 if ya didnt already figure that out yerself.
    In my area we have a lot of rock gardens and logs to clear. I can't bunny-hop to save my life so I opt for a bashring. I did order a big ring so that I can swap it out for when I head to smoother trails. There is a 24-hour race that my club and I attend in Ontario that definitely needs the big ring as it's fast and smooth for the most part.

Bag on me? Wait till you see pics of the Flux mounted with the triple-crown fork.
    Confit de canard

much like dt's reaction when i showed in big bear up with a dc on the old burner would be my guess.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Just wondering, Do you know anything about the 1.5 Marzocchi forks?

Nice Swag!
    I know the RC2X will be offered in 1.5", I don't think the others will but I can check to verify that.

Larry

Feeding your addiction
    larry. do those x 9's come in black as well as silver? i tried checkin the sram site but its not commin up this am.
    Nope, silver only.

Larry
    What are the differences between it and the Xgen? Is the cage any wider? Performance better? I have to say the Xgen leaves a bit to be desired - I probably would have thrown it out the window if I didnt run twisties.

I guess what I am asking is why do I need to buy the new X9?

Baked Alaskan
    Nice, that new 66 SL, along with a new X-9 drivetrain and a few other choice bits are gonna put a serious hurtin' on my credit card real soon. Thanks for sharing, I think...
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

banned
    Check your voice mail, Larry. Someone I know is eager to take a pair of Nevegal 29" tires off your hands -- in exchange for some money, of course.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I need one of those X9 FD's, and a pair of those Codes (weight is irrelevant...see the siggy below ).

AHH. So, it looks like you have decided on a Sram drivetrain and the CODES. Nah, you cant make decisions that fast can you!?!?

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo_b
    Check your voice mail, Larry. Someone I know is eager to take a pair of Nevegal 29" tires off your hands -- in exchange for some money, of course.
    Back off, man...I already got dibs.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Yay! Bikes !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    66 SL pics. I know it isn't the suspension forum, but Homers seem to have more 66's per capita than everyone else combined
    5lbs 8.8oz, or 5lbs12oz with axle. I think this will definitely be one of the hottest forks of 07', very impressed so far. Weight seems very reasonable for how beefy it is.

Drool.
    I know air-sprung forks are getting better but I'm still a bit
    As usual I'll wait for the first few owners to give these a proper shake down before reaching for my wallet. Definitely.

Probably.

ok, maybe.
    Last edited by Nick.; 10-26-2006 at 01:04 PM.

Lay off the Levers
    Check the feedback on the '06 66SL... It's my third big Zoke and for me it lacks for nothing compared to my '03 Z1 coil, or my '05 AM1(coil/air assist) Actually I've found it to be a substantial improvement over both in feel and performance.

The '07s should be spanky.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    They would turn a bike into a trebuchet for Barny, I imagine.
    Congratulations to tscheezy on working trebuchet into the forum.

larry, you have mail.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Outcast
    It seems folks are jumping on the CODE bandwagon en masse, but I'm gonna be a RENEGADE and buy something else. Larry is hooking me up with some Formula K24's, 8 inch front and rear. Allready proven technology, at a lighter weight, and strongest TESTED dual piston calipers around. Yea baby.
    Why didn't I go for the ultra high bling gold color Oro's? To save money for more UGI.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Back off, man...I already got dibs.
    Hey pal, don't you have to pay for some studio time for recording your next album, and doesn't that cut the 29er Neves right out of your budget?

banned
    Bag on me? Wait till you see pics of the Flux mounted with the triple-crown fork.
    Going against the Homer trend like that will earn you banishment for sure. Are you sure you want to risk that?

The Homer style is to get the DHR and equip it with a SID World Cup Black Box Carbon fork and some of those skinny, tiny BMX racerboy wheels and tires. But who knows, you might set a new trend for the Homers. They do like to buy new parts every month or so, so a new trend would help them with their tendency to "upgrade" the bike more often than they ride it.

No, that's not phonetic
    Wait till you see pics of the Flux mounted with the triple-crown fork.
    Is that like 50% naughtier than running a dual crown?

Obsessed
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo_b
    Going against the Homer trend like that will earn you banishment for sure. Are you sure you want to risk that?

The Homer style is to get the DHR and equip it with a SID World Cup Black Box Carbon fork and some of those skinny, tiny BMX racerboy wheels and tires. But who knows, you might set a new trend for the Homers. They do like to buy new parts every month or so, so a new trend would help them with their tendency to "upgrade" the bike more often than they ride it
    Is that like 50% naughtier than running a dual crown?
    I'm looking for that Cadillac-like ride. My research leads me to believe that this is the fork for me.

The fork is actually a Fox F100X lest you think I was serious. Build specs will be posted once I get the bits I'm missing from Larry.
    Confit de canard

codes? not i. im interested in a f der.
    No, I'm NOT back!

not so super...
    much like dt's reaction when i showed in big bear up with a dc on the old burner would be my guess.
    That brings back memories. T66 used to have a HUGE, 4" travel, dual crown Zocchi Mr.T on his XCE. He always commented how DT was freaking out about it. The bike rode well until he smashed it into the garage
    Nothing to see here.

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    My wife has been waiting with excited anticipation!

(not really...she wants to know if for that kind of "jack", does it come with the beyotch?)
    Last edited by chad1433; 10-27-2006 at 07:45 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0