Will 7.75" i2i shock hurt my bike?- Mtbr.com
    Riding is good.
    Mar 2005

New question here. Will 7.75" i2i shock hurt my bike?

Forgive me for posting a non-Turner specific question here, but it's the weekend and I'm desperate for an answer--riding tomorrow. So I've come to the most knowledgeable and active board seeking counsel.

I have an '01 Titus Quasi-Moto and am just about to finish building it up. I got a raw deal and bought a shock off of the classifieds that was listed as 7.875" but now I realize it's actually 7.75". This new Float AVA is not quite as long as the Vanilla it's replacing. Will I hurt anything by using it temporarily? I don't think so, but wanted to be reassured.

I'm not going to use this shock for too long. I would put the Vanilla back on but it's way oversprung for me. Planning to get the proper spring and have it Pushed and not screw around anymore. So disappointing.

mtbr member
    Forgive me if Im wrong but I dont that there is a 7.75" i2i shock, it should be 7.87 or 7 7/8".
    Last edited by drumstix; 07-09-2005 at 03:10 PM.

No, that's not phonetic
    The only issue I can think of is if the new shock has the same stroke as the old one, given the shorter i2i, that it could cause the suspension to bottom at a lower point and cause some sort of frame contact/binding. Put the shock on the bike, deflate the shock, compress the suspension fully, and check for clearance all over. The tire should not hit the "seat tube" (whatever passes for a seat tube on the Quasi ), the rocker plates should not hit the shock, etc etc. As long as nothing hits anything else, you should be fine.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Riding is good.
    Mar 2005

thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the help. But now I can't get the shifting right--the rear der. is hitting the chain stay in high gears. And the seatpost is a little too long! I thought it would slide all the way through, but it stops at the bottom of the seatmast. The vice I bought for my work bench won't fit the existing base--I see a theme developing here--and I don't think I have the right saw anyway. So after two weekends of novice wrenching trying to get this thing ready to go, I'll probably be renting a damn bike! Oh yeah, and I can't find my nice Sidi shoes.

How's that for whining? Should have just forked out the cash for a Reign 2 and been stupid and happy.