mtbr member
    Feb 2004

When a good Turner goes bad...

I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this build, it could only happen here in New Zealand:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycl...n-70081344.htm

It's ironic that on the day that trailadvent finally gets his hands on his belloved RFX he could get this beauty for a measly 750 Pacific Pesos...

Lay off the Levers
    $400 is a pretty good price for a full bike, esp a vintage Burner.Granted the components and wheels are crap. Turner offers $600 as a trade-in and the rockers alone have to be worth a buck-fiddy

What's the deal with the cable routing?

Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Nice frame, shame about the parts

Yes, I'm tempted to try to pick it up and put on some decent period correct parts (I'd need some of those Mr Dirt DH forks). It's kind of a strange concept, a retro full suspension build, but it would be fun. Does anybody else remember the Ritchey DH bike (ie early Burner with Ritchey stickers)?

No, that's not phonetic
    Downtube cable routing! I'm in love.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It just gets better. I just spoke to the owner who pointed out that he did a bit of a DIY modification to the chainstays as an upgrade - note the additional tabs welded on above the original pivots on the BB end of the stays. He did this to facilitate the fitting of a lower gear (to his DH frame) because with the original mounts the chain hit the stays in the granny ring. I think he might have voided his warranty.

NDO
    Kiwis can fly - briefly!
    How about this for voiding the warranty? Another munted Burner DH frame from downunder’s Trade Me. This one would have set you back NZ$350.

I also thought about doing a retro rebuild (thye guy had the original rockers) – but it looked like nothing behind the seat was worth saving…

Ndo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kia ora (Good health)

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i was gonna mention the stay mod but ya beat me to it. i still dig those afterburners! ndo shows us another burner dh for those of ya interested.

and yes, i remember the ritchey/turners and a few more companies did the same thing
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0