What is happening with the Burner!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

What is happening with the Burner!

Hi, Just checking the UK Burner sales and noticed they are for the older frame. So checked the Turner website to find no Burner. Has the RFX taken over?
    Sorry if this thread has been discussed but for the UK the Burner seemed a great bike.
    Thanks
    Skye

Dream it, Do it.
    Unfortunately, production of the Burner has ended with cost being prohibitive due to market forces. Perhaps DT can provide more insight on this.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess market forces are hitting most and so the need to trim down product lines come about. I popped into my local bike store to find they will not deal with the independent frame/bike makers any more. Not even Santa Cruz as there is now hardly a market. The likes of Giant and Scott remain popular as they are not only cheaper but as good as.
    However Turner is about riding and a great service, reputation and build quality. I fear here in the UK owning a Turner has just become increasing difficult.
    Ubyk - enjoy the ride.
    Skye

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Customer Service directly from turner is always an option, and extra bushings and links are available so i wouldn't not buy a burner if you want one. Trading my burner and DHR in for a RFX now though and it could be that the RFX,Czar and flux combo will cover most bases as the average well built bike now can handle a wider range of applications than before.

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdakaR View Post
    Customer Service directly from turner is always an option, and extra bushings and links are available so i wouldn't not buy a burner if you want one. Trading my burner and DHR in for a RFX now though and it could be that the RFX,Czar and flux combo will cover most bases as the average well built bike now can handle a wider range of applications than before.
    Yes, the RFX climbs as well or better than a Burner at lighter weight so there isn't a strong need to keep the Burner in the lineup. The shorter travel Flux that is coming will be a good complement to the RFX and will open up opportunities to introduce product that serves a broader range of usage situations and preferences.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the replies.
    I have nothing against carbon but the price. The Burner was affordable independent frame. I don't care where it is manufactured as long as it is excellent. How about making the Burner even more affordable by manufacturing it in the Far East? As long as the ride and service remain it will be the better option in the long run and far outlast the bigger manufactures.
    Skye