Thread: Weekend Pics

Leash Law Enforcer

Weekend Pics

Saturday I hit Nobel Canyon with a couple of friends. We took the Indian Creek route up to the junction with Nobel, Nobel to the Sunrise Highway, over to the Big Laguna Trail (BLT), then Nobel back down to the cars. It was a fun day. One of the guys I rode with is from Switzerland. His name is Jurg. He told us that he is used to riding at around 9,000 feet, so he had no problem with the climbs here. The other guy, Preston, is originally from Maui and is also a very good rider. A few pics from the ride up:

1. Jurg taking on the “Waterfall”
    2. Preston doing the same
    3. Me doing the same
    4. The view from the top of Indian Creek
    Attached Images Attached Images

Leash Law Enforcer

A Few More . . .

I hadn’t been up to Nobel in a while. Every time I ride it, it seems the features are more exposed than the time before. A few pics from the “Widowmaker”:

1. Jurg leads in
    2. Jurg cleaning it
    3. Me cleaning it

Leash Law Enforcer

Last Ones . . .

I was excited to hit my local trail this morning and take some self-timed shots. I ride this trail probably at least 2 times a week early in the morning before work. The trail up from my house is just a fire road, but the grade is crazy steep. The fire road flattens at a point that intersects with some technical single track down the backside of a mountain. The ride down is fun and the ride back up is challenging. There are a couple of features that I really love in this trail and I count myself lucky to have it about 3 blocks from my front door. But I digress . . . Like I said, I was excited to take some self-timed shots. I never got that far. I went OTB on a relatively tame portion of the trail. Total brain fart on my part. When I got up to get back on the bike I noticed my rear brake lever bent way down. When I tried to bend it back in place, it snapped. This trail only gets worse from where I wrecked. There was no way I was riding down the rest of the way with only a front brake so I turned around. It's little consolation, but my lever did manage to take a small chunk out of the offending rock.

1. What piece is missing?
    2. Modest bike carnage
    3. The offending rock (smack in the middle of the pic)

%$#$*!
    nice shots. I lost my rear brake on top of the mountain at whistler and it was no fun. I guess some sudden gymnastics biker-fox types may like the challenge, but I was constantly fighting endo's the whole way down.

Are you running BB7's? next time (hopefully there is no next time) put the rear cable into the front lever, it takes a few seconds and at least that way you could be rewarded for your climb.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nice shots and bikes! (No I'm not contradicting myself, I never said they were'nt and this is the last time I'll allude to that!). I like that waterfall; my absolute favorite kind of climbing, I wish we had a lot more of that up here in Idaho!!!!!

Are you full granny on that waterfall or are you able to go one harder on the rear cassette for better traction?

Team Sanchez
    Good stuff Pinche! What's with the white lowers? Looks good on the Ano Green.

Leash Law Enforcer
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic
    Are you running BB7's? next time (hopefully there is no next time) put the rear cable into the front lever, it takes a few seconds and at least that way you could be rewarded for your climb.
    Yes, I am running BB7s. Good suggestion. Had I been out in the middle of nowhere on more of an epic ride I definitely would have considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Are you full granny on that waterfall or are you able to go one harder on the rear cassette for better traction?
    I'm one harder on the rear cassette. What the pics don't show is how loose that section is. What's worse is there is a step up where we are all pictured and off to the right there is no footing, it is a straight drop for 10 feet or so.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    What's with the white lowers? Looks good on the Ano Green.
    Like many others with the 66SL, my original black lowers were twisted causing some stiction at the beginning of the fork's travel. I sent it to Marzocchi for warranty but they didn't have any black lowers in stock. I could have waited another 4 weeks or so for black lowers, but honestly it didn't matter to me. I think I actually like the white lowers more. BTW, the new lowers have remedied the stiction issue and the fork feels better than ever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Nice Noble shots! And good ol' Cowles mountain. I used to live about a mile from there and rode it at least once a week. Pyles Peak trail up at the top was always fun. I only got to ride out there a couple of times after I got my 5 Spot.

I'd like to say I miss it, but after trading SoCal for Fruita and Grand Junction, I hardly remember what the trails are like.

Members who have read this thread: 0