Viva Las Peli Taco
    Dec 2006

Warranty Question

I got a hairline crack two inches from the bottom bracket on the down tube on my 2007 FLUX... darndest thing I've seen. Seems like an odd place, but what do I know?

I have a question. Has the warranty always been two years? I could have sworn it was three... I am at the office so I can not just grab my paperwork.

I've emailed Greg already, so I know it will be taken care of. I'm just being impatient.

Love that bike, and don't want to retire it...

Thanks for any help.

**** edit ***

Never mind, I just read on another thread that the warranty was three years, but on the new bikes it is two. So it looks like I am in luck (whew).
    Last edited by Rockfish Dave; 09-01-2009 at 08:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Unless it looks like you hacksawed the frame to create the crack you were in luck anyway.

Trust me.

Viva Las Peli Taco
    Dec 2006
    Nope, definitely a stress related crack, no dents or anything... just odd. It's out there by it's self, no welds, dents or anything I can attribute to causing it...

I'm kind of bummed because it was one of the last Anodized (sp?) frames. A damn nice looking blue, even if I do say so myself... Still a powder coated frame is better than the alternative, no FLUX frame (I'd in no way be Turner Bike-less, since I have a Six-Pack and the wife has an O2). It's just that the FLUX is my go fast bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0