mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Victoria to Indianapolis - Road/Ride Trip - Need Homer Help!

Come this April I will be driving home from out here in Victoria, B.C. back to Indianapolis. However, since I do not feel like just sitting in my car for 4 days straight, 10 hours a day, I have decided that I will stop and ride at select locations. This is where you guys come in.

I have included a map below that shows my approximate route, as per how I drove here back in August.

Basically, I am curious whether there are any Turner owners who live in the states I will be passing through (maybe even a little outside, if the trails are worth it) who would be interested in meeting up for a ride. I am not asking for a place to stay, a bike to ride, food to eat, or basically anything for that matter. I am just trying to find some Turner owners who like to join me for a ride this next April at one of their favourite local trails that just happen to be somewhat on my way home.

If you don't want to meet up to ride, but still have some recommendations as to trail selection, please tell me what you would recommend.

I know this is kind of an odd-request, but I figured that you guys would be willing to help me out and lend me a hand figuring out some good places for me to stop and ride. Thanks for any and all help!!

I hate to say it, since it is a cardinal sin on a mtb forum, but I will have a road bike with me in case anyone wants to recommend some good road riding. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys and girls!!

Brass Nipples!
    You won't be near Southern Utah at all so our [N Dynamite voice]sweet[/N Dynamite voice] local trails won't be an option.

Looking at your route, you could stay north a little longer and pass near the Maah Daah Hey trail in North Dakota. That is some very nice flowing singletrack. The Buffalo Gap section near Medora on I-94 would be a great section to ride.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst0pia
    Come this April I will be driving home from out here in Victoria, B.C. back to Indianapolis. However, since I do not feel like just sitting in my car for 4 days straight, 10 hours a day, I have decided that I will stop and ride at select locations. This is where you guys come in.

I have included a map below that shows my approximate route, as per how I drove here back in August.

Basically, I am curious whether there are any Turner owners who live in the states I will be passing through (maybe even a little outside, if the trails are worth it) who would be interested in meeting up for a ride. I am not asking for a place to stay, a bike to ride, food to eat, or basically anything for that matter. I am just trying to find some Turner owners who like to join me for a ride this next April at one of their favourite local trails that just happen to be somewhat on my way home.

If you don't want to meet up to ride, but still have some recommendations as to trail selection, please tell me what you would recommend.

I know this is kind of an odd-request, but I figured that you guys would be willing to help me out and lend me a hand figuring out some good places for me to stop and ride. Thanks for any and all help!!

I hate to say it, since it is a cardinal sin on a mtb forum, but I will have a road bike with me in case anyone wants to recommend some good road riding. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys and girls!!
    Make sure to give Tim at Acme Bicycles a call when passing through The Black Hills of SD (www.acmebicycles.com). Plan on enjoying all the singletrack you can handle, including drops, and plenty of technical riding. All different types of riding w/in minutes of our homes. You won't be dissapointed. Plenty of road riding also, but you will have the best time on the Six Pack.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    just south of yer route and about 7 hours from the mah dah hey is sioux city iowa. not a mecca by any means but we have more turners in this town than any other in the state. i own 3 and squish should have his second by then. ask him about the black hills and the mah dah hey as well. the riding in this area isnt half bad and its pretty damn close to yer route, about 1:15 from sioux falls s.d. and it looks like yer goin right through there. ill give ya a place to stay, work on yer bike, fun stuff to ride on dirt or tarmac and ill even show ya some of the coldest $2.25 20 oz beers youll ever find. lemme know.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0