tg
    mtbr member

Upgrade..........Downgrade

Loving the 15mm ta ....Not loving the stiction. Its a 2010 float 140 rlc and I am feeling some small bump stiction. Will it go away over time or is that the deal with the FIT floats? I am about 185-190 pounds with gear and water bag. HELP PLEASE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgrade..........Downgrade-cimg1249.jpg  

Upgrade..........Downgrade-cimg1250.jpg  

mtbr member
    They are super sticky out of the box, 2-3 rides should be smooth. I'm about 175 and like a plush fork and have the same fork but 150mm. I run about 65-70psi and 4-5 clicks of compression. YMMV but that fees like a good setup

mtbr member
    Check to make sure there is oil in the lowers.... I've opened up quite a few "new" Fox forks (and some RS forks) that were basically dry...

Code Burr
    I think thats pretty much the deal with the FIT forks. The price you pay for having a sealed bladder system. I have a 2010 RL and there's no stiction at all. I'd say he's got some oil in there from looking at the stanchions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tg
    Loving the 15mm ta ....Not loving the stiction. Its a 2010 float 140 rlc and I am feeling some small bump stiction. Will it go away over time or is that the deal with the FIT floats? I am about 185-190 pounds with gear and water bag. HELP PLEASE.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I have a 10' Fox FIT RLC Float 150mm. 200 or so miles on it, and still have stiction. If I raise the bike off the ground, pull the lowers towards the ground, there's about 1mm of fork that pulls downward. It is the smoothest, plushest fork I've owned. Guess I'll deal with it..............

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shalesjr
    I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I have a 10' Fox FIT RLC Float 150mm. 200 or so miles on it, and still have stiction. If I raise the bike off the ground, pull the lowers towards the ground, there's about 1mm of fork that pulls downward. It is the smoothest, plushest fork I've owned. Guess I'll deal with it..............
    So, is it smooth or sticky? Or, is it only sticky while the bike is still and pushing on the handlebars?
    I had a Magura for a little while. It came out of the box as the smoothest fork I'd ever ridden. Within 20 miles, it felt like the travel was indexed both when static and in motion. LBS rebuilt it, added extra oil in the lowers per Magura and I hung the bike upside down to promote lubed seals. Still sucked. money wasted. Fox should have thier stuff sorted (Magura should have too). If it is smooth when in motion, then I guess I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    -Carlos

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by los36
    So, is it smooth or sticky? Or, is it only sticky while the bike is still and pushing on the handlebars?
    I had a Magura for a little while. It came out of the box as the smoothest fork I'd ever ridden. Within 20 miles, it felt like the travel was indexed both when static and in motion. LBS rebuilt it, added extra oil in the lowers per Magura and I hung the bike upside down to promote lubed seals. Still sucked. money wasted. Fox should have thier stuff sorted (Magura should have too). If it is smooth when in motion, then I guess I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The fork is butter.....super good small bump compliance. But, there's about 1-2 mm of travel that does not fully expand (for lack of better terms), stays stuck down until you pull down on the lowers. I'm not worried about it, it does the job. Once the season is over, it'll go to PUSH, and I'm sure come back even better.

mtbr member
    My 2010 150 Float RLC is pretty sticky still. But i'm still missing my 36 Van RC2 and drooling over the RS revo's and lyriks i always end up riding around.

Members who have read this thread: 0