not so super...

ummm waiter! How much for your finest 66SL?

Holy schniznit! I got a quick ride on a 66 Light ETA on Saturday and now I can't stop thinking about that fork. It was so friggin plush and laterally stiff. Looks like the ZAM might hit the classifieds.

I would prefer the SL over the light for weight reasons IF the SL ride is comparable to the ride of the Light plus I don't really want to trail ride a 170mm fork. Maybe one of the non-North American Homers wants to pick up a 150mm version for me?? Maybe another FF project. Somebody stop me!!!!!!

As BZ said before - Zocchi has come within a gnats nards of making the perfect fork and then stopped short.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Somebody stop me!!!!!!
    I'll stop you; I'll tell your wife that you're planning on spending your kids' christmas gift funds!
    Yea, I'm looking at the 66sl too. I'm trying to find out from robot chicken about the quality of the ride in the lower travel settings that he's claiming he gets using higher pressures in the negative chamber/, as seen here; 66SL
    If it turns out that the fork works like buuta in the 130 mode, I'll probably be jumping on one of these as well. I'll have an '05 Z1FR1 and an all-black AM1 to sell to fund it.

Team Sanchez
    Don't be a weight weenie. The 66 ETA light feels great on the Pack. Not too raked out, and ETA for climbing. It is the perfect trail fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Outcast
    ETA no good fo' me! I don't care for eta; most of my climbing is technical singletrack, I need an active fork for that, I can't climb locked out. If I can drop a fork to 130mm or so, I can climb.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Don't be a weight weenie. The 66 ETA light feels great on the Pack. Not too raked out, and ETA for climbing. It is the perfect trail fork.
    If I had the terrain you have to ride I wouldn't worry about it. N.Georgia is all about the techi- single track climbs to get to the DH. Like renegade says ETA does no good - I want lower a-2-c.

The SL might just be a place holder until RS gets it's larger stanchion fork out. An on-the-fly travel adjust would be great.
    Nothing to see here.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    If I had the terrain you have to ride I wouldn't worry about it. N.Georgia is all about the techi- single track climbs to get to the DH. Like renegade says ETA does no good - I want lower a-2-c.

The SL might just be a place holder until RS gets it's larger stanchion fork out. An on-the-fly travel adjust would be great.
    C'mon man.....
    I climbed Bear Mountain on my VPF w/ a Supa T...........the 66 Light has the same AC.
    You can't hang?
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by e[i
    o]C'mon man.....
    I climbed Bear Mountain on my VPF w/ a Supa T...........the 66 Light has the same AC.
    You can't hang?
    There is no deniying you are a stud. AA rode his Uzzi VPX (66 Light equipped) around Bull last weekend. I am too much of a puss for that.
    [/i]
    Nothing to see here.

Members who have read this thread: 0