Uk snow.Flux- Mtbr.com

Thread: Uk snow.Flux

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Uk snow.Flux

Me out on my turner flux in the very rare uk snow.I live in cornwall which makes it even rarer.Done a 10 mile ride which felt like about 20.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by norcosam; 02-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Me out on my turner flux in the very rare uk snow.I live in cornwall which makes it even rarer.Done a 10 mile ride which felt like about 20.
    You got hit bad in UK this time.

A bit unprepared as far as dressing up but +1 for bringing the lights
    I'm still waiting for some decent snow to come in DK, all it has come to this far is cold, windy and rainy with some mist thrown in once in a while. I love the way your tyres are clean as new when youre riding snow

Kasper

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper
    You got hit bad in UK this time.

A bit unprepared as far as dressing up but +1 for bringing the lights
    I'm still waiting for some decent snow to come in DK, all it has come to this far is cold, windy and rainy with some mist thrown in once in a while. I love the way your tyres are clean as new when youre riding snow

Kasper
    Some of the uk is getting some more tonight.

I have a pair of trousers in my bag just incase then wind gets very cold.It was at freezing point when i went out.The road i was on in the 2nd picture was like an ice skating ring later on.I had my lights just in case.
    Last edited by norcosam; 02-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Wicketed
    Looks like that here in North Devon too. More forecast for tonight...maybe there'll be a rush on Surly Pugsley's in the southwest ;-)

I just hope Tidybeard got his lambs in in time.
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by swan lee
    Looks like that here in North Devon too. More forecast for tonight...maybe there'll be a rush on Surly Pugsley's in the southwest ;-)

I just hope Tidybeard got his lambs in in time.

This was tuesday morning

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    We live in north east england and unfortunately we have missed all the snow!

Large member
    Nice pics Norcosam, good to see the Brits flying the flag for shorts in the snow.

Too early for lambs yet, they'll be along in about six weeks. We've had quite a bit of snow here - this evening there was a snowfall for about an hour that disrupted my eveningly ritual of sitting in front of the TV eating takeaway with my hand down my pants. The snow meant we couldn't get satellite reception and the takeaway couldn't deliver. The hand is safely ensconced though
    Last edited by Tidybeard; 02-08-2009 at 02:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Went out again on the flux today and did 20+ miles..Did one of our cliff paths and the head wind (20-25mph) was hard going and the track was very muddy.
    I seem to like riding this bike.Never really used to ride much xc but i like it on this bike.Only thing i dont like is the rp3,setup for my weight it feels dead and uncontrolled on the rebound and the propedal is to firm even on the lowest setting.Thinking about pushing it and getting it serviced.

Wicketed
    Thanks for that image TB

Tried to ride local in Devon today (we do so like to keep it local round here, just check the genotypes). Spent about half an hour walking through snowy mudslush before giving up and going to the offie instead.
    Fed up of winter. At least if we had properly cold temperatures then it might feel worthwhile. Mheh.
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Its been raining all day today and now its gone really windy aswell.Looks like tommorows evening ride will be a no go

Members who have read this thread: 0