Turneropedia - beginer's questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Turneropedia - beginer's questions

Hi,
    I'm just up to enter World of Turner and I was wondering if there might be little corner for beginers like me to ask silly questions...

Why "Homer"? What is it refering to?

Cheers!
    I.
    LoMF syndrome...

banned
    Sep 2005
    Introduce your self and your bike would be a good start.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Czech out the FAQ sticky... it's got all the info you're looking for.
    MCM# 2007.1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Introduce your self and your bike would be a good start.

Please exceuse my bad manners...

In my mid-thirties, flat Middlands UK based, total beginer with FS bikes but with a little bit of exeperience with HT.
    Ivan for all my friends and mates. Interesting thing... When I was registering on mtbr.com lost one letter and therefore came as IanMTB

Not much to say about bike because still do not have it. But this saturday going to Oxford to pick up 2005 HL Spot frame that won on ebay a week ago.
    Hopefully till spring would be able to try this out in combat.

Cheers!
    I.
    LoMF syndrome...

Lay off the Levers
    Congrats on the upcoming new acquisition!
    Be sure to post a pic of your new steed.

As the others said check out the FAQ above and you'll see plenty of info including the history of "Homer".
    There are lots of characters here. Don't take anything too seriously as folks get bored and like to pull each other's chains.

Newbies get one search free answer : Here's the link to the [url=http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1786229#post1786229]Homer History[/ulr]

Cheers!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Cool, welcome! I am by no means the welcoming party, but I've been here long enough to know how to approach these clowns. By introducing yourself first you have opened the door for the most informative of the bunch to get to know you. That will be important if you plan on sticking around. Congrats on the new spot, your gonna love it!

mtbr member

With my mainly dry and sarcastic sense of humour I'll be probably able to cope...

Cheers!
    I.
    LoMF syndrome...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Prime Source: FoShizzled

Just PM FoShizzle with any questions. He is the acknowledged "Pro Source" for all your needs.
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMTB

With my mainly dry and sarcastic sense of humour I'll be probably able to cope...

Cheers!
    I.
    Quite a few Brits on the board ands a few like me and 6th Element who grew up in England and have been transplanted to the NY/NJ area. And believe it or not there are a few on the board that actually get sarcasm.. but there are also quite a few that don't get it unless you put just kidding or a stupid emoticom after your sarcastic comment......which totally defeats the purpose.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    Quite a few Brits on the board ands a few like me and 6th Element who grew up in England and have been transplanted to the NY/NJ area. And believe it or not there are a few on the board that actually get sarcasm.. but there are also quite a few that don't get it unless you put just kidding or a stupid emoticom after your sarcastic comment......which totally defeats the purpose.
    All true, but we also have to deal with more pairs of forks questions now.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Lay off the Levers
    True, English humor is a challenge... you guys really screwed us when you wrote "No Backsies" on your passports.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    English humor a challenge?
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UMowD21MkE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UMowD21MkE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    True, English humor is a challenge... you guys really screwed us when you wrote "No Backsies" on your passports.
    I will chuckle about that the rest of the day.

well done.

mtbr member
    heh... I can say that I'm not Brit by birth, but by place I settled down...

You can call me slightly tamed barbarian from wild, wild EAST

But if somebody got problem with it I'm sure it is because his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of eldeberries...
    Cheers!
    I.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V7zbWNznbs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9V7zbWNznbs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    LoMF syndrome...

Members who have read this thread: 0