Turner seatpost size and CrankBros Joplin- Mtbr.com
    ewh
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Turner seatpost size and CrankBros Joplin

If my math is correct, I can't use a Joplin seatpost right? Just want to make sure before I disappoint someone and tell them they can't get a Joplin for her Flux. CB says 30.9 or 31.6 sizes and Turner only does 27.2 seatposts. Thanks for the confirmation.

mtbr member
    The Flux uses 27.2mm posts, therefore if CB does not have 27.2mm posts, then the 30.9 and 31.6 will not fit the Flux. They are too big to fit the seat tube of the Flux.

Committed
    CB has said that they are working on a 27.2 size, not sure when it will be released.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

None of the whole turner range can use the joplin

Quote Originally Posted by ewh
    If my math is correct, I can't use a Joplin seatpost right? Just want to make sure before I disappoint someone and tell them they can't get a Joplin for her Flux. CB says 30.9 or 31.6 sizes and Turner only does 27.2 seatposts. Thanks for the confirmation.
    None of the whole turner range can use the joplin. I am waiting patiently for the 27.2 joplin to be release.

mtbr member
    I spoke to one of the owners of Crank Bros on the trail saturday. He said a Turner sized Joplin should be out around the time of Eurobike in three weeks. He had on of their new wheel sets on his Blur. Very interesting looking, very light, no holes in rim, a machine flanged rim/double spoked kinda tri spoke kinda looking thing(more spokes) shoulda took a picture, duh.

ewh
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Excellent info guys, many thanks for the insider tips.

Members who have read this thread: 0