Turner Riders Invade Noble Canyon (vid)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Turner Riders Invade Noble Canyon (vid)

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6463445&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6463445&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6463445">Noble Canyon</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/lncnuvue">LncNuvue</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Superstock was cool enough to invite me out to Noble to do some shuttling. Needless to say, we had an awesome day of DW Spot dueling. SS is the man - that dude can seriously shred it. He has some more footage including a sick run using my GoPro that you'll probably see later. Enjoy.

mr. wonderful
    Nice! I have to make it over there sometime.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    As usual great video.

Lay off the Levers
    Nice. I like that chunky stuff at 5:50

One of these days SS should right a book on maching corners.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Yay! Bikes !
    nice stuff guys!

mtbr member

So much corner slaying, awesome. Brrrraaaaapppp!
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

striker!
    Hey, it was good riding with you. Four runs down Noble the first day was a good amount of riding. On Sunday, Will and I climbed the road and then shuttled one more. I think we got our fill!

I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end. Pretty cool.

S
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

mtbr member
    Nice vid!

Music? Chevelle?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Built to Spill

Great band. Nice choice.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    Hey, it was good riding with you. Four runs down Noble the first day was a good amount of riding. On Sunday, Will and I climbed the road and then shuttled one more. I think we got our fill!

I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end. Pretty cool.
    S
    Nice vid guys!

I'd love to shuttle Noble but unfortunately my buddies are goaters and will never shuttle noble.

I was going to say the same thing: the vid does not do the chunk justice. Stairway to Hell (AKA, Jackhammer) has really deep crevices with wheel grabber all over. What I have noticed is the higher the camera location is the flatter the trails become. It woud be nice if you could mount the GoPro lower on the helmet. Can't believe you go that fast on a 5 spot through those rocks, though the fast the better, I suppose.

Where is that jump section?
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end.
    The GoPro is definitely disappointing in regards to detail and I think it's a bit too wide angle. Shuttle or climb, 2 more runs on Sunday would have been sweet. Thanks again - that was a good day for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Music? Chevelle?
    Track 1 Built to Spill, Track 2 Chevelle.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue
    The GoPro is definitely disappointing in regards to detail...
    Perhaps the upcoming HD version with 1080P @ 30fps and 720P @ 60 fps will fix that. I do like the wide angle, however.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Can't believe you go that fast on a 5 spot through those rocks, though the fast the better, I suppose.

Where is that jump section?
    My run through wasn't all that fast, respectable but probably not "fast". I enter with good intentions then something usually goes wrong. It's really easy to get backed up. I think SS needs to post up his footage through that section.

I don't think the jump section is part of noble. It runs along the road below the very bottom trail head.

mtbr member
    Nice vid but where's the Aquaholic cameo?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

DH riders

Put the camera on their chests. That might help with terrain flattening.

DT

ROBOTIC RESERVE
    Just got back from our first ever 2009 Death ride, was amazing. Wooded Hills, Logger, Penny Pines, Indian Creek, Pine Mountain trail, Sunrise HW, Shortcut, BLT, Cemetery , Fire Road & Beer!

Sorry for all the weird trail names, its just what our group calls them. Total ride was 27 miles.
    Last edited by Captain Snakebite; 09-08-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

striker!

landspeeder

The speed this bike was able to maintain through some of these sections was really quite impressive. This was my first ride on my new DW spot and I felt comfortable on it right away. I don't think I ever hit jackhammer that well on the old spot. The DW just seems to float over the rocky chunk better without getting hung up. Hard pedaling out of turns is very good, the bike really goes. I'll post a more thorough review once I get some more time on it but the first impression was

<object width="512" height="384"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6496889&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6496889&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="512" height="384"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6496889">Noble Canyon on the Turner DW 5 Spot</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1444118">superstock</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Dammmmm

You were flying dude.

Outcast
    Lot of chunk in that second vid, thanks for sharing SS. What fork was on the dw-spot?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    That was awesome to watch!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    THanks for the vid stoke...makes me miss sunny SD!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    SS's speed through the chunk was impressive for sure

striker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Lot of chunk in that second vid, thanks for sharing SS. What fork was on the dw-spot?
    I'm running an '09 55 ATA micro. I also tried out the Conti Rubber Queen 2.4 tubeless soft compound tires. They are as big as a Maxxis 2.5 but quite a bit lighter. No issues in 6 runs of chunk. These were part of the reason I was mowing down those rocks, the rear-ward axle path is the other. Oh, and they look bigger in person. For some reason they don't look so big in these photos.

Here she is right before deflowering:

S

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Those photos almost look as good as it does in person. Sweet ride

SS ain't lying about the tires, they're monsters.

Pick a wheel size...
    wow...that's some serious speed through those rocks!

... I guess you won't be
    That vid was fun to watch...you were flyin' in some spots [pun!]

BTW - just curious what rims [how wide?] you're running with those fat tires? And the green - looks wonderful........I miss my green spot.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I really dig the painted rear. More-so than the polished.

striker!
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    That vid was fun to watch...you were flyin' in some spots [pun!]

BTW - just curious what rims [how wide?] you're running with those fat tires? And the green - looks wonderful........I miss my green spot.....
    I'm running a Mavic 823 in the back and a rhyno lite XL up front (it just won't die). Both are about 29mm wide and the tires still bulge out. They have some serious volume! BTW, the black chili compound is super soft and gets excellent traction. Its on par with the slow reezay Maxxis compound.

I liked the green so much on my last spot that I have to get it again. I think having the front and rear match looks better than the ano rear.

S

mtbr member

More Pennywise on vids :D

Great work guys
    "Nice bike...Take it off any sweet jumps?"