Turner Flux- Mtbr.com

Thread: Turner Flux

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Turner Flux

Hi,
    I just won a Turner Flux frame in a lottery. I am deciding how to build it up. I told them I wanted a Medium. I am 5'9". I have a bike I bought just a year ago that I love and fits perfectly. I am worried I will build it up and it won't fit me like the bike I have now. I had a previous experience like this.
    I guess my question is, how do you like your Turner Flux? What are the pros and cons? I really excited about it.

No, that's not phonetic
    Tell us what your current bike is and what size, how long the stem is, what seatpost you run, bars, etc. and maybe we can help you with Flux fit.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i loved my flux! had to sell it and now i want another, fast. pros? it rocked! cons? um..... i dont have it anymore. the only thing i see bein bad about it is ya may want a bigger travel turner in time when ya find yer skills goin way above the capacity of this bike but thats down the road.

as far as yer fit goes, hard sayin. at 5'9" the med is perfect on paper. however, gals usually have a short torso and reach and super long legs. this can cloud fit. my guess is the med would still be right on as yer at the top end of a med fit anyway.

yer gonna love it! congrats on the big win.
    No, I'm NOT back!

banned
    It's a great bike, perhaps the nicest one you'll ever own, so build it up like you won it!

(money saved on the frame goes right into parts)

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    It's a great bike, perhaps the nicest one you'll ever own, so build it up like you won it!

(money saved on the frame goes right into parts)
    I agree! AND...Don't forget to post up pics!
    ~~~

Time flies...

congrats!

Oh, man, you won the Maxxis orange Flux, didn't you?
    I was sposed to win that so that I could trade it for a new RFX from DT......
    I already have a Flux, and it is a wicked-cool ride!
    You're really gonna like it!
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

... and if we just ... Turner Flux

Ummmmmmm!!!!! Jealous, Enjoy!!!!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Major congrats!

Post some pics what you get it!

... I guess you won't be
    I think you're NOT going to like it at all, I can tell this just from your initial post. Don't waste your time and money - keep the bike you already have that fits you oh so well. I'll gladly relieve you of the sadness and grief you'll no doubt encounter, when you spend a lot of money to build up a bike you'll really just end up hating.......

I believe $250.00 will suffice to take that menace off your hands and free you of any further upsetments. I'll even pay for shipping!

PM me for shipping and Paypal arrangements!

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    I think you're NOTI believe $250.00 will suffice to take that menace off your hands and free you of any further upsetments.
    Hey, no fair, I was going to offer $249.99

Seriously, you will love the Flux--mine puts a big grin on my face every time I ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngirl
    Hi,
    I just won a Turner Flux frame in a lottery. I am deciding how to build it up. I told them I wanted a Medium. I am 5'9". I have a bike I bought just a year ago that I love and fits perfectly. I am worried I will build it up and it won't fit me like the bike I have now. I had a previous experience like this.
    I guess my question is, how do you like your Turner Flux? What are the pros and cons? I really excited about it.
    I wish we had lotteries with prizes like that here!

My girl is 5'7" and rides a medium burner so I would assume that the medium flux will be just fine for you unless your current bike is set up in a really odd way. Posting details of your current bike will help answer the question better though.

Enjoy the ride when its built.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Congratulations on your win! I've had my Flux for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. As CC said, at 5'9" a medium should be the right size for you. Now get that thing built, and post some pictures!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Smile Turner

I ride a Burner, it's the Flux predicessor with just .4" travel difference. I built mine with XT parts, XTR real derailleur, Fox shocks and Hayes hydraulic discs.
    When you ride a well built Turner for the first time and feel how differently and gracefully it corners compaired to anything you have ridden before your other bike may become a singlespeed.
    Turner is truly the best. The balance is amazing. Many times, when I should have fallen on anything else, I had extra time to recover. Just yesterday, I hit some very soft, wet sand while cornering and the front tire washed out and I was going down. With just a flick of the wrist turn I was upright, almost instantly. Ellsworths have better paint, carbon is lighter, but nothing I have ever ridden handles as well, at any price.
    My old Giant was stolen, the thief almost did me a favor the Turner is so superior.

involuntary dismounter
    i love gigi (my flux)...by far the best bike i've ever ridden...

i'm also 5'9" and ride a large with a 90mm stem. i think i was kinda in between sizes, but the large was definitely a better fit for me...the longer TT just felt better...but it's all individual...

...so there's only one way to find out how you're going to like your new flux: try it out and see how it goes! the flux is a great bike!!!

congrats!

PS post pictures!
    Last edited by dHarriet; 10-30-2006 at 10:31 PM.
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

Members who have read this thread: 0