Cable Routing adjusted

Tune Crank

Progress (zadelpen nog onderweg)

Completed ? (for now)

New pics coming soon

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Wow! A true WW Flux build! Nicely done.

Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh? Is this bike just for racing?

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

I did the math!!! 21.56 lbs

My metric to english conversion would be 21.56 lbs assuming the 9.8 is kg....

Pretty light. Would like to see the shoulder width of the rider.... The handlebar seems awful narrow....

bobo

Dishwasher Safe
    Looks nice! How big is that chainring??? Any problems shifting?

mtbr member
    VERY cool. I love your selection. Love the color.

Very well thought out and even though light, that will perform and last. I can say that the Pace forks are both stiff, butter smooth, and sexy looking.

Thanks for posting your new Flux. Now save up for the new 08 rockers and stays and a DT rear carbon shock (and ditch the Pace lockout). You have to beat 9KG!

mtbr member
    Nice Flux, I can't believe how light you got it! Are you running your tires tubeless? Please give a ride report after some miles on it...

mtbr member
    Makes one wonder why he didnt get a Nitrous? The rider weight issue? I assume this is being used for racing? Please let that be the answer...

Buzz

Bite Me.
    Holy Big Ring Batman! My back hurts just looking at that. And to think I was worried about being labeled a weight weenie.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

No, that's not phonetic
    Jee-zus. That's nuts. That's just a hair heavier than my road bike. Nice scooter.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    thats lookin like a 110 bc 48t big ring! 48/34/24? note the 12-27 cassette and mid cage der. id be kinda worried about available chain length with that setup. man that bar cant be wider than 22". you have xc trails without any climbs and trees 2' apart from each other? ive never seen a dualy this light. ill bet all the nitrous owners just collectively shyt their pants. must be a total hoot to ride chim.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    thats lookin like a 110 bc 48t big ring! 48/34/24? note the 12-27 cassette and mid cage der. id be kinda worried about available chain length with that setup.
    I thought it said 46T on it but then again it looks bigger than that. Also looks like there's a bit of cross chaining going on with the tooth wear.

chimaera, Looks like a great short course race bike, you'll have to post some race photos if you get some.
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    ill bet all the nitrous owners just collectively shyt their pants. must be a total hoot to ride chim.
    Nah, my Nitrous is lighter than that with real tires (Crossmarks), a wider bar (FSA flat carbon) and a 11-34 xtr cassette.

It is a sweet bike nonetheless.

Tonight we ride.
    Man that's light.

I'm trying to understand how you can tolerate that narrow bar though. Your grips are so short that you must have to keep your hands partially on the shifters all the time. And it seems narrow to the point that it would make handling in technical situations rather difficult. Nonetheless, impressive weight weenie build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi y'all,

thanx for all the positive replies

a few answers (pardon my english, i'm Belgian )

* the handlebar is no longer on the bike (way to narrow), I've put it on so I could drive when I bought the frame 2nd hand in September. The bar was cut so narrow 'cause I tightened the bar ends to hard (stupid me) , and it cracked. The bike is now fitted with a 56cm easton (new)

* the chainring is a 46T (crank was bought 2nd hand and that chainring was on it) Its been replaced by a 44T (44-34-24)

* I use the bike for riding to work, XC and XCM. Next year the bike will be mostly used on XCM races. I like it much better than XC.

* I ride NoTubes

* Why not a nitrous ? the cost and the rider weight issue (I weigh 85kg fully dressed)

The pictures off the bike like it is now will be posted in two weeks, 'cause I leave for two weeks on a field excercise with the Belgian Army. The bike comes along (off course)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldass
    VERY cool. I love your selection. Love the color.

Very well thought out and even though light, that will perform and last. I can say that the Pace forks are both stiff, butter smooth, and sexy looking.

Thanks for posting your new Flux. Now save up for the new 08 rockers and stays and a DT rear carbon shock (and ditch the Pace lockout). You have to beat 9KG!
    What's new about the rockers and stays ? where to buy separately, cost (just interested) ? The DT SWISS carbon rear shock is allready on my wishlist but .... $$$ and the weightloss is minimal I think 9kg is gonna be f***ing difficult without spending alot of €€€.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chimaera
    Hi y'all,

* I ride NoTubes

* Why not a nitrous ? the cost and the rider weight issue (I weigh 85kg fully dressed)
    I want to know how well the wheels hold up. I have the same wheels on my Nitrous and I use it strictly for XC and racing. I weigh only 60kg and I managed to put a few dings in the rear rim this year. I don't think they would last very long for me as "every day" wheels.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stradissimo
    I want to know how well the wheels hold up. I have the same wheels on my Nitrous and I use it strictly for XC and racing. I weigh only 60kg and I managed to put a few dings in the rear rim this year. I don't think they would last very long for me as "every day" wheels.
    The wheels are holding up perfectly. And i use the bike very often on all kinds of terrain here in belgium. They were before I bought the flux fitted on my HT bike and I never had any problem or needed to re-tru them

Bite Me.
    Belgian - that explains it My sister married a Belgian and he has great taste in beer. Do you guys have a government yet, or are you going to just split in two?

As for the new Flux rear end, the chainstays are now asymmetrical like the Spot and RFX and there is some machining around the seat stay pivot to shave off some weight like the Nitrous. Doubt it's enough to hit your 9kg mark though. With the Euro/dollar exchange rate, the cost of new rear end would likely be next to nothing
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chimaera
    What's new about the rockers and stays ? where to buy separately, cost (just interested) ? The DT SWISS carbon rear shock is allready on my wishlist but .... $$$ and the weightloss is minimal I think 9kg is gonna be f***ing difficult without spending alot of €€€.
    New 08 rockers look lighter - you'd have to ask Turner how to buy and weight saving - if any - over yours. Same with stays (though the Asym stays might add weight). Checkout the MTBR/Interbike/Turner coverage for pictures.

You could run 1x9 and ditch the front shifter/cable/one chain ring. A 2x9 would shave also. Both no real cost.

Where are your Ti bolts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldass
    New 08 rockers look lighter - you'd have to ask Turner how to buy and weight saving - if any - over yours. Same with stays (though the Asym stays might add weight). Checkout the MTBR/Interbike/Turner coverage for pictures.

You could run 1x9 and ditch the front shifter/cable/one chain ring. A 2x9 would shave also. Both no real cost.

Where are your Ti bolts?
    Bolt tuning is planned (alu where possible), all the brake bolts are in Ti (levers, rotors, calipers).

The '08 flux lost a quarter pound yummie, is something changed on the frame, or only the rocker and chainstays ?

1X9 or 2X9 ? No, not for our Belgian Marathons (btw the smallest middle chainring available is a 34, 2X9 would be possible for marathons with a 29T)

Members who have read this thread: 0