mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Turner Dhr 2002- shock bushes size?

Hi,

can anyone tell me the measurements of shock bushes for a turner dhr 2002?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I assume you mean the metal reducers....

Pretty sure they are 22.2mm like Dave has always used..

BUT>>>

what is up with that front triangle???? Shock mount...cable guides....not what I have seen on any 02 DHR....??

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, i mean the metal reducers between shock and shock mount.

I don't know why some dhr's from 2002 have another shock mount.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davep
    I assume you mean the metal reducers....

Pretty sure they are 22.2mm like Dave has always used..

BUT>>>

what is up with that front triangle???? Shock mount...cable guides....not what I have seen on any 02 DHR....??
    Hey Dude,I bet it is one of the late 2002 prototypes(ie.Eric Carter version)if you look at the rear triangle it is has the hollowed out piece between the upper and lower yoke.I bet it has a 12x135 drop outs too.DT has been known to have a fair amount of unigue prototypes out there(route 66,lucky seven,mauler and of course the 4cross frames).Actually after looking at it again,the 1999 and 2000 model years used a shuttle.And 22.2x 6 is what I use,and use the Rockshox ones.One more thing I see is the upright from the BB up have been trimed to provide more room for the rear triangle.
    Last edited by DHRracer; 03-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    DhrRacer, drop outs are 10x135mm. Could als anyone say what frame without shock is circa worth?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Can no one give me an advice what it is worth and how it would perform compared to new frames.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by veklox
    Can no one give me an advice what it is worth and how it would perform compared to new frames.
    As far as a value,all Turner's still have a $500.00 trade in credit unless something has changed recently.I would call Turner and see if you can get more info on the frame,without knowing any details such as travel and geometry it is going to be difficult to make any comparisons.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Travel is 7.6 inch. Of course steer angel is steeper and the frame is not as long as current dh bikes. But if i can get it at a fair price maybe it is worth it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by veklox
    Travel is 7.6 inch. Of course steer angel is steeper and the frame is not as long as current dh bikes. But if i can get it at a fair price maybe it is worth it.
    I still have a 2001 DHR setup with a 66RC2V up front.Same axle to crown height as a Boxxer of the time and I measure the HA at 66deg.It won' replace the 08'DHR but for the tighter twisty stuff and wood work with tight corners it is a very fun bike.I would like a little better fork on it,say a RC2X.One thing is it weights about the same as the 08' maybe a little more.Have you contacted Turner?It may not have stock geometry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Turner said that shock reducers are 21,8x6mm. The question whether it is a prototyp with special geometry or not isn't answered yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DHRracer
    It may not have stock geometry.
    Tuner said that it looks like an ex-racer pro's bike, maybe Eric Carter's ex race bike.

Material removement on the rear seatsupport and rear end for less weight

Members who have read this thread: 0