Turner Cable routing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Turner Cable routing

I know this has probably been discussed before, but what do Turner owners think of drillng out the cable guides and going to a full-length cable housing?

My RFX has a bad tendency to have the cable housing pop out (at the last stop near the derailuer) every time I do a drop over 5' or so - this is becoming really annoying & I thought drilling out the guides and going to a full-length housing would solve the problem

any thoughts? problems with doing this?

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    I know this has probably been discussed before, but what do Turner owners think of drillng out the cable guides and going to a full-length cable housing?

My RFX has a bad tendency to have the cable housing pop out (at the last stop near the derailuer) every time I do a drop over 5' or so - this is becoming really annoying & I thought drilling out the guides and going to a full-length housing would solve the problem

any thoughts? problems with doing this?
    Someone said in a previous post that running full length for the rear der cable would probably cause ghost shifting. I can't say this for sure as I have not sone it. You could of course just use a zip tie around the seatstay right behind the last cable stop to keep the housing from popping out of the stop.

If you do decide to drill them and it doesn't work out you can always go back to split housing by using the jagwire ferrules that I used. The cable stops on my toptube were drilled and I did not want to use full length so I bought these and so far they work great.

You could also try running an avid rollamajig if you aren't already and this may solve your problem by changing the angle of the housing that enters the cable stop.

Here's some pics of my setup during the buildup.
    Attached Images Attached Images