turner bikes at sea otter 2010- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27

    Good job! turner bikes at sea otter 2010

    hi ,
    can anyone post some pics of turner booth at sea otter 2010 maybe with some images of new dw dhr??

    thanks

    fabio

  2. #2
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    Fabio, there were no turner suspension bikes at sea otter this year, Just a cyclecross bike without disc brake tabs. Sorry.
    ****

  3. #3
    fua
    fua is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Fabio, there were no turner suspension bikes at sea otter this year, Just a cyclecross bike without disc brake tabs. Sorry.

    bitter?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    253

    pics...

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0124.jpg

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0125.jpg

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0122.jpg

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0247.jpg

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0126.jpg
    My bikes:
    2009 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon, 1x9 "trail monster"
    1996 Bontrager Privateer Comp, 1x9, Hydro V's

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    253
    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0247.jpg

    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0248.jpg
    My bikes:
    2009 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon, 1x9 "trail monster"
    1996 Bontrager Privateer Comp, 1x9, Hydro V's

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    253
    one more..
    turner bikes at sea otter 2010-img_0103.jpg
    My bikes:
    2009 Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon, 1x9 "trail monster"
    1996 Bontrager Privateer Comp, 1x9, Hydro V's

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juan_speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Fabio, there were no turner suspension bikes at sea otter this year, Just a cyclecross bike without disc brake tabs. Sorry.

    Oh, your poor little tender vagina.

    I feel so sorry.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,612

    Correct

    And until Belgium racers start using discs for 'Cross racing I will stick to cantilevers with the Cyclosys, aren't rims just one big disc anyway?

    DT

  9. #9
    IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,598
    Was the RFX prototype there, so people could stop by and pay their respects?
    My presence would be the equivalent of painting lamb's blood on your frame, causing the "angel of crash" to nail me instead.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    And until Belgium racers start using discs for 'Cross racing I will stick to cantilevers with the Cyclosys, aren't rims just one big disc anyway?

    DT
    Cross bikes with discs are just wrong is the frame going in to production?

  11. #11
    jfb
    jfb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    And until Belgium racers start using discs for 'Cross racing I will stick to cantilevers with the Cyclosys, aren't rims just one big disc anyway?

    DT
    DT, thank you for thinking about us, Belgian cyclo-crossers
    I am Belgian, have two Flux(es) and don't do cyclocross. But cyclocross is clearly a part of our national sport history (or should I say cultural history?) around here (and in the netherlands and in tcheco-slovaquia too by the way). And you particular x-cross bike looks very nice to me!
    Last edited by jfb; 04-21-2010 at 04:09 AM.

  12. #12
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,968
    Wow, I didn't realize i was using downhill rims on my RFX

    jfb, FYI: i believe multiple Flux bikes are properly referred to as Fluxi
    Last edited by S-Works; 04-21-2010 at 05:44 AM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  13. #13
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,399
    Proper cross frameset below, after riding discs and V brakes before that for the last 15 years, canti's are flat out scary and adjusting brake pads seems medievel.

  14. #14
    Bite Me.
    Reputation: cutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,531
    Rick - get over it. Don't you realize that all the cool kids don't even use brakes. Go Fixie or go home.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

  15. #15
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,208
    Those orange La Cruz = win

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: miles e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    after riding discs and V brakes before that for the last 15 years, canti's are flat out scary and adjusting brake pads seems medievel.
    Agree 100%, but the Cyclosis appears to be very much race oriented, which at this point in time means cantis. There's a thread on this every other week in the CX forum, but the bottom line is you don't need to stop in CX, just modulate your speed, so discs add unnecessary weight on a bike that you're picking up and carrying several times per lap. Makes for a bike that can be downright terrifying off the race course, but apparently that's how the traditionalist prefer it.

    Maybe someday lightweight discs will become the norm in CX racing, but I don't think that's a battle for Turner to fight. It's nice though that Salsa and a few others have taken up that cross (no pun intended) so that there are options in the marketplace; I almost picked up a La Cruz/Las Cruces before resigning myself to cantis for the foreseeable future.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

  17. #17
    BBW
    BBW is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BBW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,183


    that yellow one in the back looks sweeeeeet
    Neon yellow?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bettes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    168
    Thanks to UCI rules you can't race a CX bike with discs!

    Now someone tell me how I can run discs on a drop bar without some stupid extra cylinder?

    I've got a nice pair of machine tech canti's waiting for my turner cx bike! Or I could put on a set of great xtr v-brakes and use one of these:
    to handel the extra cable pull.

    Yes we Belgians know cyclocross! Dave send Rob some samples for real "connaisseurs" to test! (make mine a raw one for great mud-ready-ness)

    greetz
    bettes

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1
    very very good dhr all white!!!yeah!!!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2w4s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by bettes
    Yes we Belgians know cyclocross! Dave send Rob some samples for real "connaisseurs" to test! (make mine a raw one for great mud-ready-ness)

    greetz
    bettes
    Hey Bettes, where do you live? I grew up in Mons but only rode road bikes, will be going back this summer to see my brother and his family. Is there any good MTB in Walloons or do I have to go to the Ardennes? Thanks!
    nothing witty here...

  21. #21
    Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Reputation: Endomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by bettes
    ...

    Now someone tell me how I can run discs on a drop bar without some stupid extra cylinder?
    ....

    Avid Road disc.

  22. #22
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546


    Man that tire loos like a Surly tire its so big

    Dig the carbon rims edge Peatys gonna be running em for WC this year be interesting to see how they go!


    Why the old V1 Poto DHRs, no V2s?

    Anyone racing there DHRs @ Otter ?
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juan_speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent




    Dig the carbon rims edge Peatys gonna be running em for WC this year be interesting to see how they go!
    Yet, just weeks ago, you were taling smack about all carbon frames.

    You people need to stay on point.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

  24. #24
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    Yet, just weeks ago, you were taling smack about all carbon frames.

    You people need to stay on point.
    Read my post, before mis qouting me



    I think u need to find point
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kreater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent


    Man that tire loos like a Surly tire its so big

    Dig the carbon rims edge Peatys gonna be running em for WC this year be interesting to see how they go!


    Why the old V1 Poto DHRs, no V2s?

    Anyone racing there DHRs @ Otter ?
    I'm liking the edge wheels as well. Took a look at the am 29er wheel and they looked very nice. I curious as well to see how they hold. They are pricey.

  26. #26
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by kreater
    I'm liking the edge wheels as well. Took a look at the am 29er wheel and they looked very nice. I curious as well to see how they hold. They are pricey.
    I hear that, the price is way beyond me but as far as carbon goes that's where I see a major advantage and to be honest it should be pricey and out of reach for most people, which is my whole point!!!!

    Carbon beyond bars and posts should be only for the most competitive and pro's not for the masses! Its a performance at no cost consideration, that's where Ive been coming from!

    Carbon should not be about made in Taiwan for the masses that will bust our industry wide open, its not if but when!

    If only, though would love just one ride on a set of those rims!

    I think I said this one other place before, [note JS] that weight stiffness saved at the wheel is twice that in the frame, its a no brainer! Its always been this way esp in FS!

    That would be one hawt 29er K, to hawt for me, and makes even more sense in a high end 29er where the wheels are harder to make stronger stiffer in a bigger wheel.

    Still not advocating it for masses or us hacks here, where lucky we have Turners
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RiceKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    Yet, just weeks ago, you were taling smack about all carbon frames.

    You people need to stay on point.
    Whoa what do you mean you people?

    Can't carbon and aluminum get along?

    2006 Turner 5 Spot
    2007 Trek 2100 ZR

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    984
    Aside from the whole weight issure. According to EDGE, their carbon rims have a memory to them, so when they flex or bend, they flex or bend back. Unlike an alloy rim that needs a spoke tweeked here or there to keep the wheel straight. I.E. unequal spoke tension, and when it gets unequal enough, the wheel will go kaflop! So, if a carbon rim will allow one to keep their spokes evenly tensioned, then maybe their wheel will last long time

  29. #29
    ...
    Reputation: CDtofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker
    Aside from the whole weight issure. According to EDGE, their carbon rims have a memory to them, so when they flex or bend, they flex or bend back. Unlike an alloy rim that needs a spoke tweeked here or there to keep the wheel straight. I.E. unequal spoke tension, and when it gets unequal enough, the wheel will go kaflop! So, if a carbon rim will allow one to keep their spokes evenly tensioned, then maybe their wheel will last long time
    That is really interesting - if that is true than I see it being one of the biggest advantages of a carbon rim. Its a given that they are lighter but if real world testing bears out that they are stronger and last longer than a conventional rim than I guess that is the direction the industry will go. Although to me it seems like right now everyone is jumping on the band wagon just so they can have a set of $1500 dollar wheels to sell.

    I don't have any issue with carbon and I think rims is one of the best places for it - too bad I will never be able to afford them...

  30. #30
    ... I guess you won't be
    Reputation: jokermtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker
    Aside from the whole weight issure. According to EDGE, their carbon rims have a memory to them, so when they flex or bend, they flex or bend back. Unlike an alloy rim that needs a spoke tweeked here or there to keep the wheel straight. I.E. unequal spoke tension, and when it gets unequal enough, the wheel will go kaflop! So, if a carbon rim will allow one to keep their spokes evenly tensioned, then maybe their wheel will last long time
    They don't have a "Memory".....that's just wishful salesman fauxspeek....


  31. #31
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    Agree 100%, but the Cyclosis appears to be very much race oriented, which at this point in time means cantis. There's a thread on this every other week in the CX forum, but the bottom line is you don't need to stop in CX, just modulate your speed, so discs add unnecessary weight on a bike that you're picking up and carrying several times per lap. Makes for a bike that can be downright terrifying off the race course, but apparently that's how the traditionalist prefer it.

    Maybe someday lightweight discs will become the norm in CX racing, but I don't think that's a battle for Turner to fight. It's nice though that Salsa and a few others have taken up that cross (no pun intended) so that there are options in the marketplace; I almost picked up a La Cruz/Las Cruces before resigning myself to cantis for the foreseeable future.
    A quality set of cantis makes a diff but they cost more than the discs and still don't have the power, since I don't race cross and use the bike for winter riding and trails I wanted something more versatile, it weighs 25.5 built up. The ride is much nicer than the aluminum Redline I had before.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,364
    apparently when edge rims crack from their 1st hard rock impact they self heal......amazing

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    984

    they don't ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    They don't have a "Memory".....that's just wishful salesman fauxspeek....

    You sound so sure of yourself. Your telling me that homie at edge was fosh. is this a joke?(jokermtb)

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.