mtbr member
    Nov 2005

tuning dhx air on a five spot

anybody got advise on setting up a fox dhx air on a 5 spot? i just switched from a superlight w/ a swinger 3 way. it had an incredible pedal platform and sucked up the bumps as well as a single pivot could i suppose.

now i have the 5 spot w/ said dhx air. sssweet. but the thing tends to bob under somewhat hard pedaling w/ propedal maxed out and approaching 175 psi in the boost valve. i'm at 170 lbs myself. i need to play with the setup some more but am wondering if anyone has something to say. while i'm looking for a solid platform, i'd like to plush it out as much as posible...but all these f'in knobs and stuff are, uhm, a bit much.

please advise.

Time flies...
    1) search this forum. there are lot's of prior posts concerning this topic.
    2) after you read all these other posts, you'll still end up 'playing around' with it a lot to find what settings you like. no one setting works for 'most' riders, everybody's got different opinions. all that adjustment is good, and bad....
    ...every day sends future to past...

FM
    mtbr member
    I just picked up a DHX-A myself, to use with 5" rockers- basically the same as a 'spot. I'm 175 in my winter beer-drinking form.

I did some searching myself and really did not come up with much after 10 minutes- amazing that most people don't include spring weights/pressure and shock settings in their set-up posts. I did find this thread which seeme to indicate (per DT) the following set-up will be good for both of us:

Weight in gear: 175
    Main Chamber pressure:170
    Boost Valve Pressure/Compression: 75
    BO (# of turns from full open): Wide open
    Rebound (clicks from full slow): full FAST (note "full slow" was a typo per DT)
    PP (clicks from full open): wide open in rocks, full closed on pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyjumpingfire
    anybody got advise on setting up a fox dhx air on a 5 spot?now i have the 5 spot w/ said dhx air. sssweet. but the thing tends to bob under somewhat hard pedaling w/ propedal maxed out and approaching 175 psi in the boost valve. i'm at 170 lbs myself.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I just picked up a DHX-A myself, to use with 5" rockers- basically the same as a 'spot. I'm 175 in my winter beer-drinking form.

I did some searching myself and really did not come up with much after 10 minutes- amazing that most people don't include spring weights/pressure and shock settings in their set-up posts. I did find this thread which seeme to indicate (per DT) the following set-up will be good for both of us:

Weight in gear: 175
    Main Chamber pressure:170
    Boost Valve Pressure/Compression: 75
    BO (# of turns from full open): Wide open
    Rebound (clicks from full slow): full FAST (note "full slow" was a typo per DT)
    PP (clicks from full open): wide open in rocks, full closed on pavement.

I'm 175 in gear, right now I'm using a DHX air on loan from Darren at Push.

He set it up for me and what he did was:

150 in the main chamber, 100 in the boost. PP in the middle, adj to my liking/terrain and he put the bottom out in the middle and showed me how to adjust it if I needed to.

I haven't touched the setup, other than adding a couple clicks to the PP for climbing and backing off for descending. I'm getting full travel and it climbs very well.

Hope that helps.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Members who have read this thread: 0