There can be only one............- Mtbr.com
    Xtremely Moderate

There can be only one............

..........errrrr ............. bike I mean.

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to ride a big bike again as I'll be rehabbing for a while, so I sold off a bunch o' goods which included my 66SL and VP-Free frame.

In the interim, I revamped the RFX a little in an attempt to do the "one bike does it all" thing (despite the fact I made it a little heavier in the process) and plopped on a 2006 Boxxer Ride.

I gotta say that the Boxxer looks like a damn tooth pick to me now after having a 66 & 888 for last year.

Meh....whatever......it looks promising nonetheless. The Maxle is sweet and the travel adjust works nicely and was exactly what I was after. I'll have to wait and see how it performs later. Hopefully I can get in some leisurely trail rides within a month or so.........we'll see after PT.

A Totem would've been cool, but I ain't paying no G for no damn fork no how.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Just roll it......
    Had to put the pic with the new pup in......din't ya?

Bike looks good, E. I'll be interested to see how the boxxer holds up to your....errr....girth. Sure felt nice on Dan's rfx though.

EB

mtbr member
    Nice build eio, it's perfect for the stuff you guys do. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like Boxer compared to the 66 SL. I'm still pretty happy with mine, let us know what you think after you get it out on the trail.
    turtle

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Had to put the pic with the new pup in......din't ya?

Bike looks good, E. I'll be interested to see how the boxxer holds up to your....errr....girth. Sure felt nice on Dan's rfx though.

EB
    Girth? Geez! You make me sound like a lard ass........although I may be a fat ass by the time I can get out again.

The pup is still pissed at me for getting busted up and infringing upon his trail time.
    But, Donna took him for jaunt out at Tokul on Sat.
    I'm glad to see my girlie get some saddle time though too.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like Boxer compared to the 66 SL. I'm still pretty happy with mine, let us know what you think after you get it out on the trail.
    turtle
    Yeah, I was a little reluctant to move away from Zoke as this is my 1st non-Zoke fork in a very long time.

But, I really became disenchanted w/ the 66SL after checking out a few 888's in the HL crew and then buying one myself.

I'm not a big fan of ETA at all and the travel adjust on the 66SL isn't convenient enough to be useful to me.

I've heard nothing but good about the Ride so I'm keeping an open mind. We'll see.

... I guess you won't be
    is that a Heeler or Aussie shepherd?

cool dog nonetheless....any bike looks better w/ a pup.

FM
    mtbr member
    Looking forward to you getting back out on the trail, regardless of fork choice.

err, 27.5+
    Nice looking rig. I am curious what your evaluation of the ride will turn out. At a simillar girth (6'3" 225lb) I have been eyeing that fork for the last season. I finally put in my order for a frame that can handle it, but have been holding off to see the rest of the 2007 details in the single crown market.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    is that a Heeler or Aussie shepherd?

cool dog nonetheless....any bike looks better w/ a pup.
    Aussie. A natural on the trail.........

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    .........regardless of fork choice.
    Hardy har har......

You boys are keepin me inspired with those Whizzler pics..............now go get that cam footage together.

Team Sanchez
    I hope your back in the saddle soon. I"ll be curious to hear your opinions on that fork.

mtbr member
    Nice Looking bike! I like the color of the fork and the frame, doesnt appear to be to raked out either, I imagine the ride of the fork vs coil shock should be a nice balance. Heel up soon. Love Aussie's BTW.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Looks good eio, I want to try this fork too, scrublover likes his, interested to hear if it's as stiff as the other forks too. Heal up!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    still wishin ya all the best eo. glad yer still gettin yer ugi on. helps the healin of the soul, doesnt it?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    still wishin ya all the best eo. glad yer still gettin yer ugi on. helps the healin of the soul, doesnt it?
    Good for the soul.............not so good for the wallet.

Leash Law Enforcer
    eio - Nice looking bike and fork. Looking forward to the ride reports once you heal up. (BTW, that's an impressive amount of metal you have in your elbow. I can't imagine that traveling in this post 9/11 world would be very easy with an elbow like that.) Just one question - why the Frenchie flags on the lowers?

Heal up quick!

Members who have read this thread: 0