Elitest thrill junkie

T 'n A, let's see what you got:

Turners in Aspens.

Ours have not started to really turn yet, but it's right around the corner. Rode the highline up about 3K of vertical near Williams, AZ. Nice super-tacky trail conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Get a real shock already!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    why what's wrong with the fox? i like mine........perhaps i know no better!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Get a real shock already!
    I do have a real shock, a DHS, it just has to get a service/revalve from Avy

The DHX really really really really sucks. I think it came blown or damaged, because it's always felt ultra harsh, no rebound damping until the last two clicks, etc. I never remembed it being that bad when I had DHXs on my other bikes, but on the other hand I've been riding an Avalanche for a while on this one (same trail).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Moosehead
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLy5lUsZ5hw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLy5lUsZ5hw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edit: My bad, thought it was TnA in Aspen.....
    Last edited by moosehead; 09-20-2009 at 03:36 PM.

i can't type the letter s
    From a ride last week in Colorado. I had to wait out the rain with my dog.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Too Long

I really miss the fall aspens. Trying to get back this fall in Fruita in mid-late October, but that might be too late up on Turkey Flats.

But today, I'll be basking in the scenery around Waldo Lake in Oregon, so I'm not complaining!

And on the subject of Fox suspension -- which I mostly like -- why is is that every shock or fork I own needs to be set within two or three clicks of maximum rebound by the time I've got 20 or 30 hours on it?!?!

I am still hoping that Cane Creek and Ohlins get together and make a version of the RP23, because I sure loved the CCDB on my RFX.

Sorry for the mild hijack, now back to the aspens!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    I really miss the fall aspens. Trying to get back this fall in Fruita in mid-late October, but that might be too late up on Turkey Flats.

But today, I'll be basking in the scenery around Waldo Lake in Oregon, so I'm not complaining
    No Aspens in Oregon? I know they have some in CA.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    some maple...

Members who have read this thread: 0