Stoked on the FLUX- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Stoked on the FLUX

I have been riding a 5 spot for the last 2 years and man has it been a great bike.
    It climbs technical with ease and descends like a dream. The group of people I have been riding with have gone more race/xc and starting getting lighter bikes. So what the hell I built a flux to do the occasional race. Most of the trails in my area 4 inches is plenty.
    The first things I noticed were the lower BB and a bit longer top tube. It only took me a couple of rides to get used to the flux and than it was game on. This thing accelerates like a hardtail and turns so quick. It is a very responsive bike. I can stand up on steep climbs and the back tire stays planted. I will miss the spot but hopefully I can build another one some day a little beefier than my last version something that can handle the chunky stuff. But for now I will be on the flux tryng to get faster and hopefully enter a race
    and do well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sweet looking bike!

No, that's not phonetic
    Yummy! What does it weigh? 24-25 pounds? I need to figure out what light fork to put on a Flux here in the next week or two. I'm thinking Reba 115.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It came in at 23.6lbs.
    The 09 F100 RLC is like butter!!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Yummy! What does it weigh? 24-25 pounds? I need to figure out what light fork to put on a Flux here in the next week or two. I'm thinking Reba 115.
    Will it get a Hopey too?

mtbr member
    I want that bike. If I it run it 1x9 with a similar spec it could be 22-something, especially since I'd get the 15" (interesting the 15" TT would be the same as my 17" Azure).

Members who have read this thread: 0