mtbr member

Stan's No Tubes ZTR Flow rim?

(Posted on wheel site too)

Will these rims handle some abuse as a rear wheel?

I just mangled my rear WTB dual duty FR rim (28mm width, 570g) after a bad crash and need a quick replacement before UT trip in 1.5wks. I am a somewhat heavy rider (230lbs w/all gear) and ride an AM/FR bike (06' Turner RFX) and consider myself primarily a heavy duty trail rider who also ride some light FR/DH on said bike that rides anything from smooth hardpack, to plenty of root and rock, with the occasional trip to the FR areas up in the NW.

Will these last for these applications, or am I best going with a WTB Laseridisc FR rim instead (30mm width, 570g)? I am not sure myself since I do all my climbing, but ride pretty hard going down and would like to run all tires as tubeless. I currently have the tubeless kit for the previous wheel, but found that not all tires seal up.

Thanks,
    Ride On!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    I would go with a Syncros DS 28. It has a deep profile, which makes it much stronger than a typical 28mm wide rim and the weight penalty is minor at 545g (vs. say 500g for the DT 5.1d or 490g for the Alex FD28).

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

Members who have read this thread: 0