Sporting PHAT Wood- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128

    Sporting PHAT Wood

    Nature may be a mutha, but she sure likes her wood:





    Me too. Over the weekend I took the HL out on some log runs and found HELL I like it! I on-sited three particular log runs that have been aceing me forever. They aren't super skinny or super high but all of a sudden things just clicked. The big stable grippy HL was a laser on them.

    Bean's "Unemployment Line":








    Fatty's "Bling":






    Dig the fancy footwork that flats allow.


    Felt so good I even rode back up UL. Nailed it right away! (then missed it several times...then nailed it a couple of times again.



    "Ernesto's Leap":








    The real treat of the day was running into part of FM's Crew... here on the East Coast!!! one of his brahs was here visiting another and they brought an escort up from LI and they picked me out of the crowd of one on the trail. Great riding with cha guys.
    Forgive my 6.5 second capacity for remembering names. Feel free to rip me for that.

    Also got one shot of me pu$$ydropping a minor ramp.


    Sorry for the oversize shots. bit of a hurry.

    Anyway, Level-2 cleared...on to level three!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  2. #2
    Baked Alaskan
    Reputation: AK Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,810
    Great shots as always, at first I thought you were on the Spot with the whole Red/Gold thing. Did you ride all of Ernesto's Leap or did you start where the sequence begins. The HL seems right at home in your hands.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

  3. #3
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    The real treat of the day was running into part of FM's Crew... here on the East Coast!!! one of his brahs was here visiting another and they brought an escort up from LI and they picked me out of the crowd of one on the trail. Great riding with cha guys.
    Forgive my 6.5 second capacity for remembering names. Feel free to rip me for that.
    Looks like fun stuff.

    Dude's are Justin (aka Juice on mtbr) and Scott......both total hacks!


  4. #4
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128
    I was hoping not to confuse him with another Scott. I'm SO lame with names!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  5. #5
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    Great shots as always, at first I thought you were on the Spot with the whole Red/Gold thing. Did you ride all of Ernesto's Leap or did you start where the sequence begins. The HL seems right at home in your hands.
    Good question! I rode down from the above right up and onto it.
    Crap photobucket reduced my gifs. Gotta do them again!



















    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  6. #6
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,208
    Nice shots Zilla, I'm definitely up for it next time you head out. Just had to get the front tire sorted. Diablo rocked on Sunday though

  7. #7
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    Coolio beans Alex! Just wait till you get the 50mm on board, I believe those skinnies will feel fatter!
    ****

  8. #8
    Dab Master
    Reputation: fattireb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla

    Nailed it right away! (then missed it several times...then nailed it a couple of times again.
    Skinny 101 BZ - Once the full pull is complete - MOVE ON!!!!
    Great to see the old wood gettin some rubber

  9. #9
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128
    Quote Originally Posted by fattireb
    Skinny 101 BZ - Once the full pull is complete - MOVE ON!!!!
    Great to see the old wood gettin some rubber
    Yeah I wanted to call it a one-and-done but I didn't have the camera on the first runs. Who knew!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  10. #10
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Sweet skinniy skillz there BZ and wicked picc's ya got some good riding in that woods..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  11. #11
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,447
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Dude's are Justin (aka Juice on mtbr) and Scott......both total hacks!

    Justin was out there too?! Way frickin cool, BZ you met our bro's! What a small world....

  12. #12
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Justin was out there too?!
    yeah, Justin headed to NYC for the long weekend to visit Scott Rad and made a week out of the trip. Cool he was able to meet BZ as well!

  13. #13
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128
    Way cool...small world indeed, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

    ebx, you and Scott be sure to give me a shout when you head up North again. Also I'm getting a jones for a spin-fest at Rocky Point sometime soon.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.