mtbr member

SPAM: Sound Check

Sound check in progress....the band will be on stage soon.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bodhisattva
    Pssssssstttttttt.....

your shock is upside down

mtbr member

The Special Offer

Will this be a limited time offering or ongoing? I've got 2 DHXc to PUSH before I get to this on my list of must haves...

Special Offer:
    Rocker Kit plus re-tuning of previously “PUSH’d” Float series shock $249 + shipping

Bite Me.
    Poseurs
    Snobs
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Time flies...

Damn!

...I gotta admit those look pretty sweet!!

...the rock band logo is 'cute' as well......

...guess I'll have to call and talk to you about those after all...
    ...every day sends future to past...

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    shouldn't you be working on a shock right now?

those beauties make me wish I still had the Spot! Nice work!

Big Test Icycles
    Pardon my ignorance but what are the benefits of the PUSH rockers over the standard Turners. They do look cool.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Pssssssstttttttt.....

your shock is upside down
    looks fine to me!
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Another product out the door; time to start a new one. How are the pack/RFX rockers coming along?

Bite Me.
    Darren - shouldn't you be focusing on the bolt adaptors for the 4-Way Air? hello? hello? My UGI demands attention.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    I lost interest as soon as the tyre limit for early frames was posted, smaller tyre and more travel = .
    I did have the most to gain with a Pushed RP3 and a 5.1" rocker on a 03 Spot.

Nevermind
    Stay off the brakes

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I sent an e-mail asking this but haven't heard back, so maybe here I'll get an answer. Will the rockers only work with the RP3 for maxium benefit? I just ordered an 07 Van coil to replace the dead Romic. Are you going to be PUSHing these as well? Would it be worth it (performance wise) to get the rockers with this shock??

Thanks
    Mark

mtbr member
    Will this be a limited time offering or ongoing? I've got 2 DHXc to PUSH before I get to this on my list of must haves...
    Limited time on the packages unfortunately.

...the rock band logo is 'cute' as well......
    Cute? I'm asking the artist for a refund after that comment...

...guess I'll have to call and talk to you about those after all...
    ext. 2

shouldn't you be working on a shock right now?
    I would but I'm currently bloated off of mini snickers and milky way bars. Huh, who sent those to us again? Keep an eye on your email for the tracking info.

looks fine to me!
    10-4 good buddy

mtbr member
    Another product out the door; time to start a new one. How are the pack/RFX rockers coming along?
    Still waiting to get a feel for what people wnat from the kit.

Darren - shouldn't you be focusing on the bolt adaptors for the 4-Way Air? hello? hello? My UGI demands attention.
    The kit won't be most complimented by the Swanger. If you really do want a set for the swinger, I could see what I could do.......oh wait, what about the poseur/snob comments?

I lost interest as soon as the tyre limit for early frames was posted, smaller tyre and more travel = .
    What's a little tire buzz among friends on your older frame?

I sent an e-mail asking this but haven't heard back, so maybe here I'll get an answer. Will the rockers only work with the RP3 for maxium benefit? I just ordered an 07 Van coil to replace the dead Romic. Are you going to be PUSHing these as well? Would it be worth it (performance wise) to get the rockers with this shock??
    one of the R&D setups on the Spot was with a '07 VanR.....Factory Tuning Kits for Van R are in stock. The Van R is a really good application here because of the performance/value ratio!

My cup runneth over
    I am concerned for the long bolt at the front of the rockers and that the shock appears to contact it predominantly in the middle. My '99 Titus Quasimoto had a similar design/contact point and I bent two bolts because so much force was being put on the 'weakest' point of the bolt.

I don't mean to put a damper on the enthusiasm for the Push rockers but hopefully that is a mighty strong bolt that can handle the forces.

mtbr member
    I am concerned for the long bolt at the front of the rockers and that the shock appears to contact it predominantly in the middle. My '99 Titus Quasimoto had a similar design/contact point and I bent two bolts because so much force was being put on the 'weakest' point of the bolt.
    rmac, that's not the way this system works. The front mount pin is a three piece integrated part of the rockers design and does not feature a through bolt. The shock is mounted to an oversize pin made from 7075-T6 alloy with a Type III hardcoat to eliminate wear on the eyelet bearing. The pin also features four seals to keep dirt and grim from effecting the shock eyelet bearing and rocker interference. The pin assembly is mounted to the rocker via two 8x1.25mm flat head bolts on each side. Over engineered? Absolutely! But having the experience that we do with shock/mounting interface and wanting to come up with a system that would not compromise the flat plate design that we're using, I felt it best to engineer something from the ground up.

We too have seen plenty of the bent bolt syndrome through our technical services department.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Naive question...

I don't have a copy of "Turner Rocker Geometry 101" in front of me (it's in my locker), but will they work on a Flux?

... I guess you won't be
    It's kinda neat how the shock mount is kinda resembles one of the turner pivots, by it's use of a middle piece secured by two screws....looks like PUSH addressed the one thing that could tart the whole deal.....very smart~!

3 "fiddy" for short
    Now when are those PUSH Pikes going to be available? Louder, I couldnt hear you!!

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    Them's nice lookin' rockers. Now lets hear some ride reports and leave out the ratio charts...

Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    Now when are those PUSH Pikes going to be available?
    Yeah, what he said.
    Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    rmac, that's not the way this system works. The front mount pin is a three piece integrated part of the rockers design and does not feature a through bolt. The shock is mounted to an oversize pin made from 7075-T6 alloy with a Type III hardcoat to eliminate wear on the eyelet bearing. The pin also features four seals to keep dirt and grim from effecting the shock eyelet bearing and rocker interference. The pin assembly is mounted to the rocker via two 8x1.25mm flat head bolts on each side. Over engineered? Absolutely! But having the experience that we do with shock/mounting interface and wanting to come up with a system that would not compromise the flat plate design that we're using, I felt it best to engineer something from the ground up.

We too have seen plenty of the bent bolt syndrome through our technical services department.
    Thanks for the explanation - I should have known that you would have it covered!

not so super...
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Another product out the door; time to start a new one. How are the pack/RFX rockers coming along? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Still waiting to get a feel for what people wnat from the kit.

Pssssttt.......same geometry, same travel, a lower compression ratio compatible with DHX-A and coil shocks utilizing a longer stroke/i2i shock (7.875x2.25) would be a good place to start IMO
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    The smurf sized frame may present a problem. SSINGA, how much space is there between the top of your shock and the underside of your toptube?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    The smurf sized frame may present a problem. SSINGA, how much space is there between the top of your shock and the underside of your toptube?
    More than .375"

I don't remember what I measured a while back but plenty of room for a 7.875. Plus I run my shock with the correct orientation.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    More than .375"
    Well then, I'd say the heck with a 2.25 shock, go for a 2.5 stroke shock. Since you wouldn't be looking to increase the travel, you would be making the front half of the rockers longer, which would rotate the top of the shock forward, so you'll gain even more clearance between the top of the shock and the toptube. Your leverage ratio would drop to 2.4 to 1, your springrate would drop a whole bunch, and the quality of the stroke will be sweet.

Outcast
    SSINGA, can you post a side view pic of your bike, one that shows the shock area pretty well?

long standing member
    Pssssttt.......same geometry, same travel, a lower compression ratio compatible with DHX-A and coil shocks utilizing a longer stroke/i2i shock (7.875x2.25) would be a good place to start IMO
    What he said...plus compatibility with "vintage" RFX frames. Lower leverage ratio with 6" rockers on my '02 RFX would be sweet.

not so super...
    SSINGA, can you post a side view pic of your bike, one that shows the shock area pretty well?
    5" rockers and 7.5x2 Avy

6" rockers and DHX-C

6" and DHX-A

Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    You've got way more than .375 inches of clearance from what I see in this pick Look at the the shock eyelet bushing for reference; it's .61 inches in diameter. You have way more than that as clearance between the top of your shock and your top tube. I will make an internet proclomation and declare that you could stuff an 8.5 by 2.5 shock in there, rotated forward as I talked about above.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

upside down shock?

Why would you want to reach all the way down to the bb in order to hit the on/off switch on the shock? Is there truly a MEASURABLE performance benefit to the whole "less un/sprung weight" agruement?

Sweet rockers. Makes me mad I chose "ground" delivery.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Why would you want to reach all the way down to the bb in order to hit the on/off switch on the shock?
    Dusty, since I have to reach that far down to scratch my nutsack, it's not a big deal to me.

Making fat cool since '71

follow me on this, please...

How about the possible benefits for the following rider I know really well: (OK, you got me, I'm talking about me...)

Large rider on a Spack ('06/ XL), DHX A, I'm 265-ish with gear (water, bag, beer, etc). I'm jamming max pressure at this point on the shock (270 psi). Would I be overloading the shock's ability with the Push rockers (it seems there would be a resulting increase in the leverage ratio, but I'm no freakin' engineer)? If it's something I would need a new shock to fully realize the benefits from I'd likely just go with a whole new RFX rocker/chainstay yoke/DHK C deal if I decided I want the extra travel; maybe. Anyway, they look sweet and I like my sweets!

Talk amongst yourselves...thanks.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dusty, since I have to reach that far down to scratch my nutsack, it's not a big deal to me.
    Haha....chrome balls clangin' against your cranks.

not so super...
    This Pic is of the 5" classic RFX Rockers. The other 2 were of the 6" rockers.

You've got way more than .375 inches of clearance from what I see in this pick Look at the the shock eyelet bushing for reference; it's .61 inches in diameter. You have way more than that as clearance between the top of your shock and your top tube. I will make an internet proclomation and declare that you could stuff an 8.5 by 2.5 shock in there, rotated forward as I talked about above.
    Nothing to see here.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    I would but I'm currently bloated off of mini snickers and milky way bars. Huh, who sent those to us again? Keep an eye on your email for the tracking info.
    ran out of bubble wrap so I had to get creative!

Outcast
    This Pic is of the 5" classic RFX Rockers. The other 2 were of the 6" rockers.
    That doesn't matter in this regard. The distance between the top of your shock and the top tube is the same. Time for some custom rockers!

not so super...
    That doesn't matter in this regard. The distance between the top of your shock and the top tube is the same. Time for some custom rockers!
    I'll have the brewery start the weekly shipments!
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    I'll have the brewery start the weekly shipments!
    You might have something else that I want

rr
    I don't do PC
    Whats the rough idea for the RFX rockers?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Out of the box, these things rock! (pun intended) Just got them installed, however no ride today as its just now stopped raining.... The attention to detail is amazing, fine pieces of work indeed. The DHX with ti spring weighs a svelte 1.56 lbs, and the rockers come in at 290 grams for the pair. Darren's customer service was excellent. Can't wait to put this thing on the dirt! I noticed that the angle produced by the new rockers stretched my der housing cable out of wack by about 3/8" I guess I'll have to lengthen it. A small price to pay for a higher bb! Woohoo!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Time flies...
    Why did you go with allen-head bolts rather than standardizing with T40 bolts??
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone
    Out of the box, these things rock! (pun intended) Just got them installed, however no ride today as its just now stopped raining.... The attention to detail is amazing, fine pieces of work indeed. The DHX with ti spring weighs a svelte 1.56 lbs, and the rockers come in at 290 grams for the pair. Darren's customer service was excellent. Can't wait to put this thing on the dirt! I noticed that the angle produced by the new rockers stretched my der housing cable out of wack by about 3/8" I guess I'll have to lengthen it. A small price to pay for a higher bb! Woohoo!!!
    What did u pay for the the DHX coil w/ ti spring? Did u get it all from Push?

Kirt
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    Why did you go with allen-head bolts rather than standardizing with T40 bolts??
    I'll venture a guess that it was a matter of availability. The bolts Push are using are titanium; they may have not been available with a T40 feature. Gotta satisfy the weight weenies!

Outcast
    I will make an internet proclomation and declare that you could stuff an 8.5 by 2.5 shock in there, rotated forward as I talked about above.
    A follow up on this statement I made yesterday for those who care; I spent a few hours drawing a CAD model of this scenario. Putting an 8.5 by 2.5 shock in a pack/RFX with the intention of maintaining the same amount of travel extends the "front" portion of the rocker nearly three inches forward. Picture what the kona stab primo looks like. Probably not what most folks would want to do.
    However, using a 7.875 by 2.25 shock will fit very nicely.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KirtM
    What did u pay for the the DHX coil w/ ti spring? Did u get it all from Push?

Kirt
    Hi Kirt,
    The DHX came with the 5 spot, I purchased the ti coil separately. Rock on!

not so super...
    A follow up on this statement I made yesterday for those who care; I spent a few hours drawing a CAD model of this scenario. Putting an 8.5 by 2.5 shock in a pack/RFX with the intention of maintaining the same amount of travel extends the "front" portion of the rocker nearly three inches forward. Picture what the kona stab primo looks like. Probably not what most folks would want to do.
    However, using a 7.875 by 2.25 shock will fit very nicely.
    What about planning around a 7.75x2.25?
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    What about planning around a 7.75x2.25?
    Even better. Avy or cane creek?

not so super...
    Even better. Avy or cane creek?
    Still undecided - no Hi/Lo adj in stock for the Avy's yet
    Nothing to see here.

Members who have read this thread: 0