some ride shots for a change?- Mtbr.com
    PSI
    I want that one

some ride shots for a change?

This last Friday we set out for a desert xc ride in the Negev desert about 2.5 south of Tel Aviv. most of my riding is closer by in what i would call Mediterranean brush so it was a nice change. as you can see from the pics some of the ride was on pretty harsh loose rock, kinda like riding on broken plates. my flux underwent a severe diet lately including 500 gr tires which i couldn't believe held up to the rocks. we camped out the nite before and started riding at 6:00 to avoid the heat. we finished at around 10 and it wasn't much hotter than where i normally ride and much less humid which was nice.

latest upgrades for the flux are:
    New XT wheelset - UST 1600 grams - which makes it one of the lightest UST wheel sets out there. The mentioned above tires that held up surprisingly well, Spesh The Captain 2.1 2bliss rear and 2.1 Larsen upfront. New XC 700 Marz ATA 100-140 fork - as light as the F100 RLT it replaced but more tweakable and with the xtra travel when you need it. new XT 08 brakes, shifters, cassette and rear derailleur and new fsa Orbit Extreme Pro Headset - all in all a mid/blue collar build but i got her down to under 26 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (289.1 KB, 388 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (374.9 KB, 391 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (326.2 KB, 387 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (269.8 KB, 378 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (346.5 KB, 381 views)
    Last edited by PSI; 08-04-2008 at 12:12 AM.

PSI
    I want that one

a couple more

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (299.2 KB, 378 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (322.6 KB, 375 views)

Dishwasher Safe
    That's some interesting terrain you got there; looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

tg
    mtbr member

Is that the moon ?

Looks a bit WARM! Bet it's sweet in Jan.

Team Sanchez
    Nice! You're terrain looks a lot like some of the stuff we have here in Utah. Looks like a primo spot to do some digging and trail building.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Nice! You're terrain looks a lot like some of the stuff we have here in Utah. Looks like a primo spot to do some digging and trail building.
    El C, funny you mentioned that, during the ride i was thinking about some of your dirt moving projects

striker!
    PSI, nice shots. Nice to have a smaller bike for those types of rides, huh? That looks like prime Flux terrain, the 5 spot would have just more weight on the climbs and probably not much faster on the downs. I've noticed that on mellower downhill terrain, I'm faster on my flux than the five spot. The lower BB and light weight makes for good cornering and fast acceleration out of the turns. My only complaint is the steeper head angle in some situations. Which brings me to my question, how do you like that fork? I'm currently running the F100RLT but am interested in the XC 700 so I can slacken the bike out for descents. I have a Marz 55 on my spot and really like it. The travel adjust is a great feature. Does the 700 ATA feel similar to the 55 ATA?

S

Goes to 11
    Great pics !

I guess it's always useful to have a guy with a 33lb free-ride chromoly hard-tail (+Lyrik + ex823 + 2ply tires) running around, taking shots of your skinny xc rig and that gravity-dropper thingy you keep dragging...

see you next Friday bro..
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    PSI, nice shots. Nice to have a smaller bike for those types of rides, huh? That looks like prime Flux terrain, the 5 spot would have just more weight on the climbs and probably not much faster on the downs. I've noticed that on mellower downhill terrain, I'm faster on my flux than the five spot. The lower BB and light weight makes for good cornering and fast acceleration out of the turns. My only complaint is the steeper head angle in some situations. Which brings me to my question, how do you like that fork? I'm currently running the F100RLT but am interested in the XC 700 so I can slacken the bike out for descents. I have a Marz 55 on my spot and really like it. The travel adjust is a great feature. Does the 700 ATA feel similar to the 55 ATA?

S
    the xc700 is great. i don't have a 55, but it feels a lot like the AM1 SL ATA on my spot and the 66 ATA on my bighit (can you tell i like ATA forks? ). nice thing was, that unlike the other 2 forks it didn't have the marz stiction break in period - it was smooth right out of the box.

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewOriginal
    Great pics !

I guess it's always useful to have a guy with a 33lb free-ride chromoly hard-tail (+Lyrik + ex823 + 2ply tires) running around, taking shots of your skinny xc rig and that gravity-dropper thingy you keep dragging...

see you next Friday bro..
    hmm, if i thought you ever strayed away from the SS board i would give you photo credits
    b. you should of brought your 20lb ti SS - you'd have more air to take more pics.
    c. fri morning ill be on my way to crete

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    That fourth picture def has some nice features.

Definitely Flux territory.

Members who have read this thread: 0