Dishwasher Safe

Some OT [Criterium] Photos.

We had a criterium here a month or so ago, and with all the camera talk and flurry of photos being posted, I thought I'd share a few I got that day. First time seeing a road race in person, and these guys FLY; very impressive stuff. Enjoy:

Last edited by deadbolt; 11-02-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Cool photos. I had a chance to watch the sprint at the end of a Tour of California. It was amazing how quickly they covered the last 1K. About a minute or so to cover it...

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i did a cpl crits in the late 90's. scarry but fun as hell. won my 2nd. kinda like a bmx race at warp speed on asphault.

outstandin pics rob!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Excellent pix!
    You can talk crap about roadies and and all but those guys look like they're killin it in their own right.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    You can talk crap about roadies and and all but those guys look like they're killin it in their own right.
    I've always respected roadies. In fact, I'd love to x-train with a road bike but it's just to freakin' dangerous. What really gets me is how fast they can take turns with them skinny little tires! NUTS!!!

Mexican e-rider
    Awesome photos, as a former roadie I still have a lot of respect for those guys, it takes a lot of commitment and training to go 30mph for 2 hours straight.

The things I don't miss: training like crazy and never winning , going on the inside on a corner and having the whole peloton leaning on you or having a dog/ball/botle fall in front of you, bracing for impact and not knowing if you or the guy next to you was going down!

Fun times though
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

mtbr member
    Those pics are really good!!!

And for the road thing...I picked up a road bike the summer before last and after riding it for a year and a half I feel way more comfortable on single track than I do flying down twisty roads at high speeds.

mtbr member

Did it stick? Looks like the guy in front wouldn't mind some help.

Crits are a blast, and in a way almost more nerve wracking than technical singletrack since so much of the risk element is out of your control.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

Captain Underpants
    I don't ride road, but have friends that do. Amazingly fast friends.

We also have a few local crits here; it is a blast to get out and watch the guys and gals hammer it for an hour. I could never do that.

Nice pix.

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    [snip]The things I don't miss: training like crazy and never winning , going on the inside on a corner and having the whole peloton leaning on you or having a dog/ball/botle fall in front of you[/snip]
    I was really surprised they don't give the riders more room by having the hay-bails farther back. I mean, they were so close leaning in the turns I could have easily nailed one with my camera if I wasn't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by miles e

Did it stick? Looks like the guy in front wouldn't mind some help.
    Heh, not sure. That's one of the drawbacks of photographing sporting events; you miss a lot of the action while looking through the eyepiece. IINM, that was toward the end and he may have been checking who was on his tail.

Team Sanchez
    ...and people said my speedo pics were ghey!! I ride the road a couple times a week, but I certainly don't take pics of it!

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    ...and people said my speedo pics were ghey!! I ride the road a couple times a week, but I certainly don't take pics of it!
    Thanks for contributing h0mo...

Just for the record, I've offered to take pics on this board before but got no takers. This was a photo-op and I took advantage of it. The last thing I want to do when I'm riding is stop and take pictures! Hopefully I'll hook up with Kid Woo in Virgin...
    Last edited by deadbolt; 11-03-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0