Sol Vista.- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sol Vista.

Dishwasher Safe

Sol Vista.

Looks like I'll be there this weekend. Anyone going? Give me a heads up and I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Moosehead
    DB, looks like Homers will represent in a few comps: pro, amateur, and redstone is sponsoring a kick arse junior DH'r. We'll also have a few Homer spectators that'll be trail riding, lift riding, and pit drinking. Looks like a Saturday nite BBQ is in order as well. Will PM you with contact info.

ride
    hells yeah, man! Thanks for the props on our homeboy Moose. Sam Powers is his name, he's racing Junior cat 1 dh and 4cross. He's dhing on a superpimp DHR. Wish him luck, I wish I could go.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    DB, looks like Homers will represent in a few comps: pro, amateur, and redstone is sponsoring a kick arse junior DH'r. We'll also have a few Homer spectators that'll be trail riding, lift riding, and pit drinking. Looks like a Saturday nite BBQ is in order as well. Will PM you with contact info.

Hey DB, Jay and I will be some of the homer spectators.

If you remember, we met at THC last year.

See you there!
    Astigmatic Visionary

Moosehead
    Couple of last minute requests are coming in for gear/shipping/etc for the Nationals.

Last minute shipping: There is a bike ship service set up via Nationals Event Organizers - check website middle of page: http://www.solvistanationals.com/

Or direct weblink to High Country Shipping: http://highcountryshipping.com/nationals_solvista.html

Alternative last minute shipping: Try Totally Wired Bike Shop below. They are open through Sunday 8am-5pm. Throw them a tip or ask them to assemble your bike. Many places are PO Box addresses near Sol Vista, so business addresses are best.

Local Shop: Totally Wired Cyclery, Fraser, CO – 970-726-6923 – Also try Sol Vista and Winter Park bike shops

Denver: Mojo Wheels, 303-986-8216 – Best inventory for gravity shop in region – I can bring stuff up from Denver – lemme know by this afternoon.

Nationals Event Trailers: Mojo Wheels has a trailer, Hayes/Sun Ringle has a trailer, others – this is likely best bet for last minute gear

Flyin Canine
    This is awesome that the nationals are being held here and Turner is representing. One of the guys that works on the trails at SolVista used to race for Turner. His name is Steve Wentz. I met him at a race in nor cal and then on one of his trips out to Cali a couple of years back he showed up to a trailwork day in Santa Cruz and he worked his butt off. What really impressed me was that he doesn't live near these trails and may not ever be able to ride them but he came and did some work and building. Truly a good guy. I'm stoked his resort is hosting this event. They deserve some recognition and a pat on the back. If you see Steve, tell him he rocks!

http://www.bikesolvista.com/2008/team-riders.php

~~~~~~~~
    truly bummed that I can't make it. Some other Turner history.... back when Sol Vista was called Silver Creek me and a couple friends got to lay out the course for the first mtb race ever held there back in '86. I took the pro win on race day and some guy named Dave Turner showed up and won the expert race and probably would have won it all if we had all started together. It was the first time I met Dave and I still remember how stoked he was that day.

Amazing how far we've all gone, and I never would have thought Sol Vista would be doing what they are now.

ride
    That's awesome airwreck. My first visit to Silver Creek was in '94 or '95 I think. We did an XC race out there. The trails were pretty good, but nothing fantastic. You wouldn't believe it now. The XC/backwoodsy stuff is amazing and the dh runs are sweet. It's kinda turning into the place to be for resort/shuttle access riding around here.

Did you ever meet Wade Wilderman? He's a Fraser Valley dude, been out there forever and ever. Super cool guy and responsible for a lot of the trailbuilding in that area. He runs Totally Wired Cyclery now. A non Turner shop, but a great bike shop all the same.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    omg!

pulled from Littermag.com

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5633741&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5633741&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/5633741">Pro DH Jumps & MTX Practice - 2009 U.S. National Champs</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/littermag">Litter Mag</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    nothing witty here...

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s
    omg!

pulled from Littermag.com
    How did the dude recover the casing of the 50 footer (1:13)???? Lucky he didn't snap his chain stays.

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Did you ever meet Wade Wilderman? He's a Fraser Valley dude, been out there forever and ever. Super cool guy and responsible for a lot of the trailbuilding in that area. He runs Totally Wired Cyclery now. A non Turner shop, but a great bike shop all the same.

Moosehead
    That third pro gap is marked at 47' between takeoff and the start of the tranny, with spray painted marks at 5' intervals. We saw a few guys landing out at 65'+ on their first practice runs. I've never seen stuff like this from MTB riders, it almost looks like motocross with such boosted altitude and insane distances. Will post up shots later.

If anyone is cruising around SV, look for Team Balzac white pop up in the team parking lot on the left as you head down into the base area.

Dishwasher Safe
    I saw quite a few Turners over the weekend. If you raced, or know someone that raced, let me know what your number was and I'll see if I got any shots of you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    1366?

Dishwasher Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by smpo
    1366?
    PM me your bike and gear specifics. I don't see any of 1366, but I do have shots where the number plate isn't visible.

Members who have read this thread: 0