So who else is stoked?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

So who else is stoked?

My plan's for Utah really kinda came together on a whim, when I realized I still had 80 hrs. of vacation left, and my wife was gonna be off anyway. Since I booked a camp cabin in Moab, I've been obsessed with the trip. Probably a lot to do with the fact that I've been really stressed with a new job, but I can't stop thinkin about it. I was just there in April, but I can't wait to go back. The only real problem so far, is we've had a hella long hot summer and monsoon. I've lived in AZ all my life, and thought I was used to it, but this summer has sucked for riding. Too friggin hot and humid. ~100 at night. I've been trying to pick it up lately and suffer the weather, as well as pick it up in the gym a bit. Hopefully I'll be ready.
    Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting the other Homers up there. We'll be there from 9/28-10/3 in a ghetto camp cabin in a RV park, that from google earth looks to be right across from the Comfort suites. We'll be in the one full of beer, liquor, and carne asada.
    Hell, I can't wait.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    stoked? hell, im sellin the friggin farm so i can be there fer cryin out loud! stoked is a understatement. will be good to see you and that other az yahoo out there. weathers been suckin here too. ill meet ya at the back.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I've lived in AZ all my life, and thought I was used to it, but this summer has sucked for riding. Too friggin hot and humid. ~100 at night. I've been trying to pick it up lately and suffer the weather, as well as pick it up in the gym a bit. Hopefully I'll be ready.
    Interesting how much difference 75 miles and 3500' vertical feet makes, this has been the coolest summer I've had in AZ in a long time. It was only "hot" in June. July and August were very cool, with lots of storms, and some days it was just fog and low cloud cover, not T-storms, it all depended on what time of the day the T-storms developed the day before, and there was some amazing weather during that time period. I would take students up through the low clouds through "holes" (I'm a flight instructor) and then "dive" back down through the holes to return to the airport. The temps have been amazing up here, just nice and cool. No AC.

The city just gets worse and worse every year though, because more building on the fringes helps trap heat in the middle of the city, so there's no way it can ever really "cool off", it's just a big heat box. Right at the center (on the infrared thermal pics I've seen) is sky harbor airport, and the runways and structures absorb an amazing amount of energy during the day, and then during the night it's released (keeping the temp up there as the lower atmosphere is heated from below).

IMO, there aren't many people that truely "like" the heat. There's a lot of people that make the claim, but more often than not they use the A/C in their car and house, so it's not really valid IMO. I'm ok with calling myself a wimp relating to hot temps.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

No, that's not phonetic
    Stoke? Check.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    stoked? hell, im sellin the friggin farm so i can be there fer cryin out loud! stoked is a understatement. will be good to see you and that other az yahoo out there. weathers been suckin here too. ill meet ya at the back.

HEY WHO YOU CALLIN A YAHOO YOU FRICKIN MORON

Yea I can't wait either, it will be the first time in a long time when I planned a week off work .

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    ...obsessed...can't stop thinkin about it...can't wait to go back...Hopefully I'll be ready...Hell, I can't wait.
    Me too. And your avatar looks pretty excited to go, too.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    Me too. And your avatar looks pretty excited to go, too.
    yer excitement it fairly obvious too bob. i mean look whos nipples are hard!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I cannot friggin' WAIT to meet all you guys and ride the Mesas all day on matching bikes & jerseys! Make sure you bring a camera so you can catch me busting 3 feet to flat! I'll bring a tape measure so we can all compare BB heights. SAAAAA-WHEEEEEET!

Team Sanchez
    Don't exaggerate Dusty! It's only 2 foot to tranny!
    Attached Images Attached Images

exagerate? i think ya have us confused.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0