SixPack reborn.- Mtbr.com

Thread: SixPack reborn.

Pedaler of dirt

SixPack reborn.

It's seems, by accident, I've chosen this season's colour for a Turner respray, blue. My wee baby came home last week and I've just finished rebuilding her with a mixture of new parts, recently serviced old parts and cleaned and greased up original parts. Here are the obligatory clean bike Turner shots...

Muddy or at least dusty shots to follow.

Laters,

Marz

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    That looks really slack. Whats the head angle?

New paint job makes it look brand new. Now you just have to clean the polylube off of the eyelet reducer and it will look ever better.

TLL
    mtbr member
    That Easton stem is the perfect stem for the Pack/RFX. Nice pix.

Paint turned out nice. Or is that PC?

mtbr member

Head Angle?

That must be one of the original Marz. 66 forks. Those things were crazy long A2C.

I would look for a new fork for that beautiful frame, to bring out its true potential. Its just too long IMO.

TG

steep fast and loose :)
    Fox 36 Van is ideal. Love my arrangement, but seat angle is a wee bit slack for long climbs.

Roy
    mtbr member
    That fork does look pretty choppered out, but that may not necessarily be bad depending on what you're using it for. I dig the blue with blue King hubs; very sharp.

That sure is a lot of seatpost.

Pedaler of dirt
    Well, it was fitted out to take on rough bush trails down in Trinidad where a lot of the trails climb straight up to 2000ft and then drop straight down the other side, not a lot of contour following trails. And I wanted a bike that could handle everything going down as well as go up and if I had to carry it going up some sections I sure didn't want to have to carry it going down.
    Plus my height (6'4") and weight (+220) have meant I can mess with the geometry on the fly. On long climbs I can just sit forward, rest a bit heavier on the bars and those forks drop 2.5" and it climbs like a goat, I've spent a few hours spinning away climbing up 3000ft mountains. And when I point it down, I can sit back and let the bike fly and let those forks just ride over everything.

After moving back to the flat lands of Houston it does feel a bit to much for the local trails and I was thinking of switching out the forks and rocker to drop it by an inch or so, tighten everything up. But I've sort of got used to the way it rides and I've promised myself to travel to more places where I can make the most of those forks instead of fixing the bike to fit the local trails.

Laters,

Marz

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polandspring88
    That looks really slack. Whats the head angle?

New paint job makes it look brand new. Now you just have to clean the polylube off of the eyelet reducer and it will look ever better.
    It only looks excessively choppered out in the first pic where the rear tire is sitting below the front.

I'd love to have that geo for descending. I'd likely be able to handle it going up, especially seeing the wife of my riding buddy running one of the 05's on the front of her Banshee this past weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0