mtbr member

Shorter travel on my '08 RFX

After a season on my DH-rig I have the taste for a little lower and slacker and I therefore consider to change the geo on my '08 RFX a little bit.

I see that some have fitted a 7.75x2.25 Chubie with success, and I'm considering that option.

But, I have a CCDB now and I'm very pleased with it and consider shortening it a little to alter the geo a bit with a little sacrifice in travel.

Are my number straight if I believe that 0.125 shorter eye-to-eye translates to approximately 0.5 deg slacker angles? How much does the BB-height change?

If I shorten the CCDB i'm thinking of shortening it 0.2 inches in both e2e and travel. The amount of travel I get will be around 145mm and the change in angles should be around 0.8 inches. Does this seem right?

Any input on how the bike will handle?

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    I just got my Chubie two weeks ago sized as you described. Only two rides on it so far (been away on a non bike vacation this past week) but I can confidently say that ride has been noticeably improved. What I can't quantify is weather it is the shorter shock or the Chubie vs the rp23? Either way I'm happy.

Members who have read this thread: 0