mtbr member

Seoul Bike show, Turner, Titus and something silly

We checked out the Seoul Bike Show on Saturday, and I am pleased to report Turners made an appearance. The Nitrous is rather nice and, not surprisingly, felt very fast as I whizzed around on the carpet. The local Turner distributor asked me to ride his bike around the convention center in order to attract some attention. If you ask me it's kind of like having the Hunchback of Notre Dame appearing in Calvin Klein adverts, but the novelty of a foreign face seems to overshadow said face's ruddy-cheeked mediocrity.

The same distributor also handles Titus. I think I'm in love. The Titus Racer-X has to be one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. And only 6,000,000won in Korea, which is just short of US$6000. Anyone need a kidney?

This other bike is a locally made prototype. The guy at the booth told me these frames are much stronger than conventional bikes.

Bike shows are cool but kind of painful. I love my current bikes but there are so many nice bikes out there. Mmmmmm, Surly singlespeed, yummy....

Duncan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the nitrus looks sweet! lighter color or is that a lighting thing?

ooooooooooh! carbon stays this year? nice n sexy indeed. those grafix look familliar.

wtf? im not sold on it bein stronger at all. looks like it would fold in half on impact but what do i know? ill tell ya i know thats fugly!

thanx for the post man.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Nice pics....

The Nitrous is just not my thing, but damn it looks fast just sitting there. I just like the look of it for some reason, especially with those CMax SL wheels...

Cactus,
    Agree with you on the Titus RX thing very nice looking bike. Being from Phoneix I have always had a softspot for them, I wanted a RX for ever (Longer than I wanted a Turner ) Too bad they keep creepin up in price...

Sure that last bike is stronger, er well at least heavier. The rear triangle looks to be made out a 1/4 inch thick solid metal! Duncan what did that thing weigh, 100 pounds????

It's a Turner!
    Strongest frame in the world ... and it's got a SID fork on it? Man, don't ever hit your knees on that thing!
    I didn't just drink the koolaid, I stuck my head in the punchbowl.

Now with 3 more inches!
    It does have a plexiglass cupholder though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    That MBA bike would make an awesome aquarium.
    Just box in the front triangle with clear plexi, hang it on the wall and fill it with water.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdog
    It does have a plexiglass cupholder though!
    ....and that SID fork should be a nice match for that 15 lb frame as well.

mtbr member
    I think the nitrous had the standard colour, but this was the first time for me to see one in the flesh so it's hard to be sure.

Titus' new graphics are are big improvement over the old ones. Titus is just lucky that the graphics are similar to Turner's rather than Ellsworth's, otherwise they'd soon find out that the font had patented.

I agree about that frame being fugly. I picked it up. Not as heavy as it looks but still quite a bit more than my porky 30lb 5 Spot. Lots of places for mud to get caked on too.

Members who have read this thread: 0