Semi-Shameful Plug for New 19.5" RFX in Classifieds- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Semi-Shameful Plug for New 19.5" RFX in Classifieds

http://marketplace.consumerreview.co...uery=retrieval

Just posted this afternoon, figured I'd give the Turner faithful first crack at it. I know this is the bike I want, but there's no way I can justify building it up and selling my XCE for peanuts if I can get significantly more for this new and hard to find RFX. Yeah, a blind acution is kind of a weird way to sell it, but I have no experience selling things on Ebay, and didn't want to start with such a high ticket item.

Hopefully there's someone out there who was looking for this exact frame and is willing to pony up for it; otherwise I can quite easily convince myself to hang on to it for a while longer.

mtbr member
    dude, you seem like a nice enough guy...but IMHO this is not cool.

If everyone posted a plug for their used gear in these boards it'd be a cluttered mess.

Anyway, good luck selling it.

No, that's not phonetic
    Say huh? It is ok for someone to post an occassional ad if they pay for an mtbr classified. That is the official policy here. Especially a specific brand on the appropriate manufacturers boards, and especially on such a potentially hard to find and sought-after item. Just don't try to unload something without paying mtbr or just linking to eBay. That is considered spam.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambone
    dude, you seem like a nice enough guy...but IMHO this is not cool.

If everyone posted a plug for their used gear in these boards it'd be a cluttered mess.

Anyway, good luck selling it.
    Yeah, you have a point, but like the others said MTBR does allow such spam if an ad has been purchased. I agree this could lead to a degredation in quality of the boards if they were overrun with links to ads, so for my part I've only done it for a couple items that I considered to be hard to find and/or something that people may not be regularly patrolling the classifieds for.

I can't imagine MTBR makes all that much off of the classifieds, but I guess this policy (being able to advertise your ad on the most visited MTB message boards in existance) is one of their "selling points" to differentiate their classifieds from other sites.

Flyin Canine
    Yeah, I'm cool with it seeing as how it is a very sought after bike and he said plain and simple in the title of the thread. Sorry you have to sell it miles, I just got one from ebay a while back and it was like I found the holy grail!

mtbr member
    yeah ok, maybe it's no big deal, cause it is a cool bike.

I guess I just get kinda sick of all the advertisements on this website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    Hopefully there's someone out there who was looking for this exact frame and is willing to pony up for it; otherwise I can quite easily convince myself to hang on to it for a while longer.
    Just a suggestion... I've tried to buy several highly sought after items (supply & demand) here in the classifieds in which the seller tried to hold a quazi-auction and it ended up being a big 'ole can of worms. So much so that I just walked away from both of them. On MTBR.com, I'd suggest you simply establish a price, however high it may be, and let it ride. If you feel like you can make more holding an auction ebay is the place…

Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    but I have no experience selling things on Ebay, and didn't want to start with such a high ticket item
    I'll admit I too was hesitant to use it but I eventually registered, spent the time to become familiar with the system, and ended up making my first purchase, a Turner XCE, just last week. In whole the process has been painless and it's amazing how simple it was as they virtually hold your hand through the whole process.

Anyway, good luck. It must be tough sell such a beauty.

Members who have read this thread: 0