Sanchez down!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sanchez down!

Team Sanchez

Sanchez down!

Can'tgetright, LycraFR, Crashthedog, D-wang and I were on our Monday morning road ride this morning. Our token Cock-Asian D-Wang was about 10 meters ahead of me as we entered into a round about. Just as we were coming around, a truck with a woodchipper trailer ran the yield sign, and Wang smashed face first into the side of the woodchipper. Wang went down in a heap, and the truck just kept on going. I called Wang's wife, and she ran him to the ER. Turns out he has multiple fractures on his right cheek bone, and his nose got broken as well. After a cat scan, and lot's o drugs, they released him to go home. Looks like he'll be having surgery this Thursday to fix his face. I was at his house a while ago, and he was curled up in the fetal position moaning something about the fate of his Specialiezed Rubaix. I assured him that his bike emerged relatively unscathed. Both wheels will need to be trued, but other than that she's in good shape.

As for the A$$holes in the truck, Crash and I went out on the hunt, and the cops actually caught the perps. All hail the five O. They won't be doing a nickel in Chino, but I'll bet they foot the bill for Wang's medical bills.

banned
    Sorry to hear about your bud. Seems like good friends he's got there.

Bite Me.
    Ouch - book'em Danno - nice job on tracking down the perps - hope D-Wang recovers fully. Reminds me of the time a jeep full of drunken Boulder frat boys thought it would be fun to punch me in the back of the helmet as I was riding home from work one night - they didn't quite count on the speed that rage and adrenaline can infuse in a rider and the looong red light at the Pearl Street Mall pedestrian crossing - when I pulled the passenger half way out of the right front seat it wasn't pretty. (damn seat belts)
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Bad news. I hope your friend heals up soon.

I love riding road myself and I've started again recently after a 15 year self-imposed hiatus because of the type of thing that just happened to D-Wang. At least with mountainbiking I can pick and choose my disasters rather than have some a-hole in a vehicle impose it on me.

Glad to hear his bike is mostly fine, too.

Outcast
    My good thoughts [what few I have] are for D-wang's speedy recovery. It's too bad you couldn't have had ten minutes alone with the perp's to dispense some justice.

%$#$*!
    Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon. The upside is that you caught the guys. I had a friend that got hit by a car while riding, we weren't lucky enough to track the a-hole down.

I'd much rather deal with mountain lions, rattlesnakes, and hypothermia than stupid humans any day.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    fock! FOCK! FOCK!!!

no more pizzin and moanin about me, folks. heres a guy who really got the bad end of a day. my best to wan-go tan-go and his steed. thank gawd you guys had the presence of mind to get after that dooshbag, tend to yer pal and the man was able to find his lame ass. git em sanchez! excellent work boys!
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Damn!, that sucks, friggin stupid drivers. The best thing that could happen to those wankers is make them flip the bill, hit em where it hurts most, maybe he will have to sell his truck and get a friggin clue!!

Heal up Dwang, sorry to hear it!

Leash Law Enforcer
    Crap! St. George hick drivers! Why don't they watch where their wood-chippers are going?! Seriously, you guys have sacks of steel to ride on the roads out there. The caliber of the average driver behind the size of the average vehicle in St. George would scare me away from road riding forever.

Give all my best to D-Wang. Hope he heals up fast!

Lay off the Levers
    Man that sucks! Glad to hear there were no life threatening injuries.
    Also glad the driver was found.

Suggestion: Fire up that woodchipper and hold the driver's head in the opening until his apology sounds sincere enough.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

aka...appBLING72
    That stinks man! That is exactly why I am afraid to road ride. Idiots like that that have no consideration for other people. I hope he heals quickly and is back to normal soon. Good friends always rock.

mtbr member
    Am I silly to feel much more safe on the dirt simply because I don't have to worry about getting hit by a huge hunk of motorized metal or bouncing off of unforgiving asphalt? I guess it'll be one less Sanchez in Moab. D'wang during better days...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amphibious Technologies
    Sorry to hear about DWang. All the best for his fast recovery!

Glad to hear you guys got the perps; I hope the judge throws the book at them.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Team Sanchez
    And some more tribute shots.....

Team Sanchez
    The fallen rock star....

SASQUATCH!
    Having had a major hit-and-run induced "facial" myself, I can totally sympathize. The good news: your face and mouth usually heal faster than the rest of your body (someone told me this at the time and it was indeed a relatively speedy recovery with minimal scarring).

Of course, you look and feel like *total* sh1t for a few days, but it gets better rapidly after that.

I'm really glad to hear the fuggin driver was nabbed.

Best to D-Wang for a speedy and full recovery.

mtbr member
    OMG that sounds horrible; he's lucky you guys were there, wish him all the best and hope for a speedy recovery.
    turtle

My cup runneth over
    Rest up, heal up and get back on the bike D-Wang. Glad to hear it wasn't more serious.

mtbr member

Pain killers talking?

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Am I silly to feel much more safe on the dirt simply because I don't have to worry about getting hit by a huge hunk of motorized metal or bouncing off of unforgiving asphalt? I guess it'll be one less Sanchez in Moab. D'wang during better days...
    I just went by to visit Wang and Moab did come up in conversation. Who knows, it could be the pain killers talking, but Wang said he still might go for the heck of it. True Sanchez You know... moral support. Wang appears to be in good spirits, and appreciates the brotherly love.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the report LFR. D-Wang, sorry to hear about dipsh!ts pulling woodchippers. Glad to hear you're well enough to even contemplate going to Moab. Best wishes on the recovery and getting back on the bikes.
    Last edited by 2TurnersNotEnough; 09-12-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Xtremely Moderate
    Good fycking grief!

Its bad enough to hurt get on your own accord let alone at the hands of some dipshyt behind the wheel of truck.

Get well dude.

I always dug his airborne poop faces in those pics.............
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Toby Wong?
    Positive vibes sent, bro!

Heal up quick!

... I guess you won't be
    at least you didn't end up in the chipper!

heal well, W!

mtbr member
    Good pain free thoughts headed to SW Utah. Heal fast.

Good work catching the jackholes responsible.

trail fairy
    Get well soon Dwang that sux ! those boys should lose that truck! hit and run should be a felony b#$%^&*ds.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Injuries suck! Even more so that you dont get to tell the cool story of how you wrecked huckin off something huge...stupid dipshit driver. Heal fast man, speedy recovery wishes.

Chris

Roy
    mtbr member
    Sad to hear, but I hope he still can make Utah. What a sucky thing to have someone else take your trip away from you. Heal up broham.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycra FR
    Who knows, it could be the pain killers talking, but Wang said he still might go for the heck of it.
    Good! He can be our shuttle beeyotch. El Chingon call Coyote and tell him that Team Sanchez is no longer in need of his services Saturday morning. The rest of you Homers are on your own... Sanchez waits for no one.

Brass Nipples!
    Sucks D-Wang. Get better soon.

Strange luck with as big as you go off road, that you got nailed by a stupid wood chipper in a roundabout. On your Speshy, you'd just have bunny hopped the thing.

I hope you can make Moab, but if you end up having to cancel so you can rest, do what's right for you. If you want me to look at your wheels, let me know. I'll be back in town on Thursday.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Team Sanchez
    And now for the Snuff....some shots of Wang's face. As you can see from the first pic, his cheek bone has been flattened. I just spent the last hour with him watching UFC 48.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Get well dwang. Lets hope they fry the damn guys who did this to you. Get all fixed up then you can be out doing some of those hucks we saw in all the pics of you.

T
    I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction-B. Hussein Obama

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    call the cops. that man looks stoned.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    All the best to Wang.

Members who have read this thread: 0