Sanchez in Brianhead- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368

    Sanchez in Brianhead

    It's been really tough this summer to get up to Brianhead as much as I wanted, but some of the boys and I packed up the trucks with our wives, kids, and bikes and spent the weekend doing what we love. We arrived Friday eve just in time to get in a 52 min run down the right fork of Bunker creek. Thunder showers that day had left the dirt tacky, but the rocks and roots slippery as pig shi!t. By Saturday morning trail conditions were ideal. We started off with a run down Dark Hollow/Hendricksen lake.

    1. 3 06 RFX's and one Highline
    2. Naked1, Dwang, and Welchichi enjoying the view
    3. Naked 1 hitting the steeps
    4. Wasea's little bro enjoying his Cove Hustler.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  2. #2
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    Once the single track ended, it's a 5 mile rally back to the truck on this fire road..


    9. Welchichi
    10. Wasea
    11. D Wang
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  3. #3
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    After Dark Hollow we got in 2 runs on Blow Hard. This is probably the most picturesque of the trails we rode. Unfortunately I took only a couple of pics on this trail.

    1. The boys with Cedar Breaks in the backdrop
    2. Naked1 within feet of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  4. #4
    Well Biked
    Reputation: scepticshock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,890
    Nice pics!

    I don't recognize the steeps picture. Is that on the Hendricksen lake section?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: can't get right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,289
    1 more year passes without me riding in Brian Head.
    Someday I will rent a condo there for an entire summer to bring balance back to my life.

  6. #6
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock

    I don't recognize the steeps picture. Is that on the Hendricksen lake section?
    Yes. After you lake a left at the Henricksen lake sign, eventually you will come to a fork that will take you to either the Scout camp(left) or another way(right). Go right here, and this is where it starts to get steep. Very fun.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  7. #7
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    1 more year passes without me riding in Brian Head.
    Someday I will rent a condo there for an entire summer to bring balance back to my life.

    You're old RFX sure seemed to enjoy itself up there....that is, until Matt decided to miss the bridge on one of the stream crossings at the bottom of Blow Hard! When we made our way back up to him, he looked like ET laying in that river bed after he gets real sick. The bike emerged unscathed.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  8. #8
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: NAKED1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    204
    That was a blast. Good Times Had By All ! Nice Pics El C.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    295
    Nice photo-ness as usual from the Sanchez crew!

    I'm heading down to ride both these trails this weekend, but may only have one truck. I noticed on the mtbr site it said there is a shuttle available? Is this true?

    Also is there anyway to loop these trails w/out a 2nd shuttle vehicle?

  10. #10
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    Nice photo-ness as usual from the Sanchez crew!

    I'm heading down to ride both these trails this weekend, but may only have one truck. I noticed on the mtbr site it said there is a shuttle available? Is this true?

    Also is there anyway to loop these trails w/out a 2nd shuttle vehicle?
    There is no way to loop these trails. There are a couple of shuttle services available in town. Check out the main lodge(Big Steps), and George's up the road 1/2 mile. We have used George's in the past, and they have been great to deal with.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

  11. #11
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,972
    That was definitely a great time, the new tire combo proved much more able to handle the conditions, thanks for shooting the pics Ben.

    What do you guys think.........one more time before season's end?
    I like bikes.

  12. #12
    striker!
    Reputation: superstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    610
    Wow great shots. Looks like a fun trip. Nice color assortment on the Team Sanchez bikes. Add an orange to the lineup and you have the spectrum covered....

  13. #13
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,972

    new grips to match new fork.

    Hey, thought I show off my new odi ruffians. I think I'll finish out the movement with a white saddle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like bikes.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    There is no way to loop these trails. There are a couple of shuttle services available in town. Check out the main lodge(Big Steps), and George's up the road 1/2 mile. We have used George's in the past, and they have been great to deal with.
    Blowhard, Dark Hollow and Bunker Creek are all accessible without a lift pass to Brian Head right?

    Also I'm bringing my dog with me,and it looks like we'll be using the shuttle service.. Want to make sure that doesn't cause any probs..

  15. #15
    NOT Team Sanchez
    Reputation: wasea04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,972

    Yes to all your inquiries, unsure about the dog.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    Blowhard, Dark Hollow and Bunker Creek are all accessible without a lift pass to Brian Head right?

    Also I'm bringing my dog with me,and it looks like we'll be using the shuttle service.. Want to make sure that doesn't cause any probs..

    Try calling Brian Head about the dog. 435-677-2035. We might go up, maybe we'll see you around.
    I like bikes.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Try calling Brian Head about the dog. 435-677-2035. We might go up, maybe we'll see you around.
    I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I'll be in a silver tacoma (05 w/winch bumper.) Riding the grey Higline w/totem or Green RFX w/Lyrik. My buddies will be on a white Transition Blindside or Dirt Bag and orange Spesh Enduro.

    We'll be rolling in around noon on Sat. Try to squeeze in 2 shuttle runs (dark hollow and bunker hopefully.) Unsure what we'll be hitting Sun... maybe head over to Thunder mountain.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.