For Sale: Pushed MX Tune DHX5.0 and RS Monarch Plus- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

For Sale: Pushed MX Tune DHX5.0 and RS Monarch Plus

Pimp out your 5spot or Burner with one of these two shocks that came off my 2010 5spot. Their both in good to excellent working condition. The PUSH Monarch Plus had a rebuild with a revalve in 2014 and did not receive much use after that as I was mainly riding an Ibis Ripley while biding time until the RFX came out. The titanium coil on the MX is 264 g which sheds 147 g off the weight of the shock with a steel spring. Reducers that fit a turner frame are included and the Monarch Plus has a RWC needle bearing in the upper eyelet.

Both shocks have a light compression tune to work with the DW link with a rider weight of 210-215lb (+/- 10% per Push). The SPOT and Burner both use a traditional rising rate linkage which is very complimentary to both coil and air shocks. The Pushed Monarch Plus is still the best air shock I've had and was purchased directly from Push with their internals. The redesigned reservoir bridge on the MX also addresses fit issues on bikes that require additional clearance such as the Turner 5 Spot.
    Push MX tuned Fox DHX5.0 (7.5 x 2.0) - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    Push Monarch Plus (7.5 x 2.0) - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories

For Sale:  Pushed MX Tune DHX5.0 and RS Monarch Plus-dhx-mx_1.jpg

For Sale:  Pushed MX Tune DHX5.0 and RS Monarch Plus-monarch-plus_1.jpg.

mtbr member
    I checked with the tech at PUSH who rebuilt the Monarch on the tune and rider weight. I said it would be good for 195-235 rider range.

For someone interested in a coil for their RFX the MX tune DHX can be converted to 7.875in X 2.25in but you'd need a different coil. DSP is no longer making titanium coils but a similar Ti coil from Renton is $300 retail.

mtbr member
    Does PUSH still service the Monarch?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrane View Post
    Does PUSH still service the Monarch?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
    No, they severed their relationship with SRAM as they cannot source the parts from them anymore. That's my understanding anyway. But, depending on where you are, there are plenty of places to get a shock rebuilt, especially the Monarch which is pretty easy to work on if a LBS can't do it. For example,
    Repair Services - Go-Ride.com Bicycle Shop, Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Rock Shox - TF Tuned
    Suspension Experts | RockShox | Western North Carolina

BTI and QBP still have parts for older generation shocks and there are other sources as well: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/col...k-service-kits

Either way, this shock will likely go 100+ hours before needing service. I went way longer than that (3 years but I was swapping it out with the coil for high country rides) before sending it back to Push for a re-valve and rebuild in 2014. In my experience shocks require far less service than forks. Except for the CC Inline of course. If anything it's a relatively inexpensive backup shock for someone that rides a lot. Or, has an INline

mtbr member
    PM sent.
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Monarch is sold but the MX still needs a happy home