RS Rev 150 or Float 150 Help me decide- Mtbr.com
    tg
    mtbr member

RS Rev 150 or Float 150 Help me decide

New fork time...my 5spot has been sporting a Float 140mm for some time now but I am ready for a big boy front TA. 15mm or 20mm What do you all think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS Rev 150  or  Float 150  Help me decide-cimg1179.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting this TG....i'm in the same boat, looking for the same advice, on exactly the same forks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Rev 150. Taller A/C, 20mm TA, stiffer, BBMC is good too. If you go u-Turn watch out 'cus they've had problems. Maybe RS has corrected them. Push has the fix tho and a really impressive tune for it. Separated hi and lo speed hits excellent.

tg
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue
    Rev 150. Taller A/C, 20mm TA, stiffer, BBMC is good too. If you go u-Turn watch out 'cus they've had problems. Maybe RS has corrected them. Push has the fix tho and a really impressive tune for it. Separated hi and lo speed hits excellent.
    Don't want or need the U-turn or the Talas.I set and forget.

~~~
    I'm going bang for the buck. I will probably pick up a new Revelation Team Dual Air 150. Lightweight with the benefits of 20mm. Only downside for me is that it is only available in white.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tg
    New fork time...my 5spot has been sporting a Float 140mm for some time now but I am ready for a big boy front TA. 15mm or 20mm What do you all think?

TG, what'd you end up getting? I chose the Fox 150 15mm thru axle. Been nothing but pleased. I'd be curious to hear feedback if you chose the Rev.

Cheers,
    Stephen

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I can't comment on the Revelation directly but I wasn't too happy with my Pike's Dual air spring. Your comment about set and forget has alway's been my motto but I am also 100% into regular maintenance. The Dual Air proved to be less than set and forget - too many o-ring replacements, re-lube intervals. I finally went back to a coil and it has been set & forget. Fox's single fill air systems have been quite reliable but I just don't care for their spring curves.
    Last edited by keen; 06-24-2010 at 12:24 PM.

mtbr member

Back in Black soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tburger
    I'm going bang for the buck. I will probably pick up a new Revelation Team Dual Air 150. Lightweight with the benefits of 20mm. Only downside for me is that it is only available in white.
    Spoke with Daren at PUSH the other day and he highly recommends the Rev 150 Team non U turn. He said PUSH will be selling forks in July and will have BLACK or white Rev team 150's. So I'm holding out for one of theirs!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Has any worked out from the press releases about the new 2011 revs if the Dual Position Air travel adjustment system is a XX world cup edition only option or will it be on the lesser models too? A rev with a single lever 30mm reduction might be my perfect fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0