mtbr member

RP3 Lever problem...always moving

Any fix for the lever adjustment on the RP3?
    On my Flux I set the lever in the "firm" position....looking down it's to the right. I notice after hitting some hard hits the lever will not stay in place and "falls" to the newtral position (straight down). Any fix for this?

KMan

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    Any fix for the lever adjustment on the RP3?
    On my Flux I set the lever in the "firm" position....looking down it's to the right. I notice after hitting some hard hits the lever will not stay in place and "falls" to the newtral position (straight down). Any fix for this?

KMan

Obviously you have the '05 version of the RP3. As far as I know there is no "fix" for it. I have the same problem with mine on my Yeti 575. I have yet to try it but I've heard someone suggest cutting the pro pedal lever in half to try and get rid of the "pendulum" effect. It will probably do the trick, I just haven't gotten around to cutting mine yet. I even had mine sent into Push and Darren said there wasn't anything he could do

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    Obviously you have the '05 version of the RP3.
    Yep my '06 on my 575 has a noticeable detent that keeps the switch in place. I've never used an 05, but I'm assuming it doesn't have this detent.

mtbr member

Better choice....

I'm calling Fox and demanding an 06.
    That's BS that's they way it works. Kind of like owning a Porshe where the gas pedal keeps falling off to the side with "no fix"

Thanks,
    KMan

Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    Obviously you have the '05 version of the RP3. As far as I know there is no "fix" for it. I have the same problem with mine on my Yeti 575. I have yet to try it but I've heard someone suggest cutting the pro pedal lever in half to try and get rid of the "pendulum" effect. It will probably do the trick, I just haven't gotten around to cutting mine yet. I even had mine sent into Push and Darren said there wasn't anything he could do

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    I'm calling Fox and demanding an 06.
    That's BS that's they way it works. Kind of like owning a Porshe where the gas pedal keeps falling off to the side with "no fix"

Thanks,
    KMan

If I owned a Porshe I would expect the gas pedal to keep falling off as it is obviously a cheap knock off of a Porsche.........

mtbr member
    I would imagine that Fox would fix it for you,ask them. All the 05's were too soft in the detent.It should be quick and easy for Fox to fix.

mtbr member
    Yeah I have a 05 RP3 on my 5spot and it is always stuck in the downhill position.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I had the same problem with my vanilla RL, although it was a much worse problem because the lever would rotate to the "lockout" position due to trail vibrations. That was not a good experience.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I had the same problem with my vanilla RL, although it was a much worse problem because the lever would rotate to the "lockout" position due to trail vibrations. That was not a good experience.
    Yikes, that would rattle any fillings loose in your teeth.......

Members who have read this thread: 0