Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    127
    127 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    43

    Rock Shox Monarch RT3

    Hello

    Could someone tell me, whick Rock Shox Monarch RT3 rear shock suits best
    to 5 spot -09 ? There are low, mediun and high factory tunes.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by 127 View Post
    Hello

    Could someone tell me, whick Rock Shox Monarch RT3 rear shock suits best
    to 5 spot -09 ? There are low, mediun and high factory tunes.
    Just order one custom tuned from Push, they are on sale right now. And when you talk to them ask them what Monarch they recommend.

    Push Industries - PUSH Tuned MTB Shocks

  3. #3

    Reputation: hafnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac999 View Post
    Just order one custom tuned from Push, they are on sale right now. And when you talk to them ask them what Monarch they recommend.

    Push Industries - PUSH Tuned MTB Shocks
    I'm quite interested too on what would be the correct, off the shelf, tune for the 5 Spot, as Push doesn't send overseas (if the info in the OP's profile is correct he's in Europe as I am).

    I've read on another thread that it would be the low but that Push makes an even lower, any one has any experience with a low, off the shelf, tune?

    (some experience with the Plus RC3 is welcome too )

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnz View Post
    I'm quite interested too on what would be the correct, off the shelf, tune for the 5 Spot, as Push doesn't send overseas (if the info in the OP's profile is correct he's in Europe as I am).

    I've read on another thread that it would be the low but that Push makes an even lower, any one has any experience with a low, off the shelf, tune?

    (some experience with the Plus RC3 is welcome too )
    Is TF-Tuned not doing monarchs in Europe for Push? If I was you I'd still email Push for their recommendation, Darren is very helpful and I'm sure he would answer your question as would the guys from Turner if you emailed them.

  5. #5

    Reputation: hafnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac999 View Post
    Is TF-Tuned not doing monarchs in Europe for Push? If I was you I'd still email Push for their recommendation, Darren is very helpful and I'm sure he would answer your question as would the guys from Turner if you emailed them.
    TF Tuned, from their website (and I believe someone else here asked them directly) doesn't do Monarchs (which is a shame).

    I already thought of asking, haven't come around to actually doing it as for now it's just a curiosity (don't have a 5 Spot yet - yet the OP probably has).

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnz View Post
    TF Tuned, from their website (and I believe someone else here asked them directly) doesn't do Monarchs (which is a shame).

    I already thought of asking, haven't come around to actually doing it as for now it's just a curiosity (don't have a 5 Spot yet - yet the OP probably has).
    I can't help then, but the OP should just shoot Turner an email about it.

  7. #7
    127
    127 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    43
    OK. I will ask from Turner then. Yes, I have -09 Spot and I am from Finland (Europe).
    I am not totally happy with Fox RP23 shock, which came with the frame. Perhaps I should try first, that modification to shock, which reduce air volume. I find it now little too easy use all travel.( its not enough progressive).
    I have already RT3 shock (normal air can modification) in my other bike Commencal Meta 5 and I prefer it over origal Fox RP23.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by 127 View Post
    OK. I will ask from Turner then. Yes, I have -09 Spot and I am from Finland (Europe).
    I am not totally happy with Fox RP23 shock, which came with the frame. Perhaps I should try first, that modification to shock, which reduce air volume. I find it now little too easy use all travel.( its not enough progressive).
    I have already RT3 shock (normal air can modification) in my other bike Commencal Meta 5 and I prefer it over origal Fox RP23.
    sounds like the dgc mod is worth trying

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,892
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    sounds like the dgc mod is worth trying
    Ditto. I would start there. It's cheap and easy to try. I've finally got my RP23 working pretty well with the DGC mod. It ramps up nicely at the end of the stroke and resists bottoming on all but the bigger drops yet I can still run lower pressure to get the desired sag so it stays plush on the initial part of the stroke. Mid stroke support and control also seem pretty good. The rear wheel seems to stay glued to the ground on fast rough sections better now too.

    Having said all that, I'm interested in the Pushed Monarch RT3 especially at that price. Better is always good, right?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

    www.stuckinthespokes.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    53
    This will help, work out what stroke shock you have and the amount of travel. this chart will show you which tune to go for
    http://www.qbp.com/diagrams/TechInfo/vivid.pdf

Similar Threads

  1. rock shox monarch rc3 plus vs monarch rt3
    By allenfstar in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
  2. Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3
    By bigmike9699 in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
  3. Rock Shox Monarch RT3
    By superbrew in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 10:25 AM
  4. Rock shox monarch help
    By mudmav in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 07:08 AM
  5. Rock Shox Monarch 4.2
    By G-VegasMTBiker in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 05:31 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.