Thread: RFX wheelbase?

Hisforever

RFX wheelbase?

anybody know the wheelbase on the current RFX? or whats my problem? Hahaha

Compared to my highline, the rfx is super quick handling, too much for me right now. Do i need more ride time on the rfx to get used to it? The deal is: the highline doesnt take anytime to adjust, I can jump off the moto right onto it and get in the zone right away-but its heavy and slow going uphill(good workout!!!). the rfx is giving me too much feedback(goes up great, but down???) and my little fingers start grabbing too much brakes!!!!!!!!! ahhhh.

I did a 4 hour ride last night and on all the downhills i missed the highline.

Heres the difference:

RFX medium--fox 36--Avy 7.75" x 2.25-dt wheels--maxxis minion front 2.5- schwalbe big betty rear 2.4
    Highline med-totem-avy 8.5- mavic 823's, nevegals 2.5 & 2.3....

Ponder on....
    Jesus Saves

Pipedream Moxie
    Spot Mayhem
    Orbea Rallon
    Transition Sentinel
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250

trail fairy
    RFX wheelbase?
    <hr style="color: rgb(183, 183, 183);" size="1"> anybody know the wheelbase on the current RFX? or whats my problem? Hahaha

Compared to my highline, the rfx is super quick handling, too much for me right now. Do i need more ride time on the rfx to get used to it? The deal is: the highline doesnt take anytime to adjust, I can jump off the moto right onto it and get in the zone right away-but its heavy and slow going uphill(good workout!!!). the rfx is giving me too much feedback(goes up great, but down???) and my little fingers start grabbing too much brakes!!!!!!!!! ahhhh.

I did a 4 hour ride last night and on all the downhills i missed the highline.

Heres the difference:

RFX medium--fox 36--Avy 7.75" x 2.25-dt wheels--maxxis minion front 2.5- schwalbe big betty rear 2.4
    Highline med-totem-avy 8.5- mavic 823's, nevegals 2.5 & 2.3....

Ponder on....

RFX 06 and 08 speccs

Top tube,Length (A) Seat Tube Head, Center to Top (C) Tube Rec’d Rider Height , Length ( I ) Wheelbase,(G) Standover , Height (F) Standard, Colors

Sm 22.5” 16” 4” < 5’6” 43.4” 31.4” Grey Ano,

Med 23.4” 18.5” 4” 5’6”-5’10” 44.3” 31.5”

Lrg 24.3” 20” 5” 5’10”-6’1” 45.7” 32.0”

[/b]XL 25.2” 22.5” 5” 6’2”+ 46.2” 33.0”

<table class="geom" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="460"><tbody><tr class="alternate1"> <td>FRAME SIZE</td> <td>Small</td> <td>Medium</td> <td>Large</td> <td>XL</td> <td>XXL</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate2"> <td>A: Seat Tube Length</td> <td>15"</td> <td>17"</td> <td>19"</td> <td>21"</td> <td>23"</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate1"> <td>B: Top Tube Length</td> <td>22"</td> <td>22.9"</td> <td>23.8"</td> <td>24.6"</td> <td>26.3"</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate2"> <td>C: Standover Height</td> <td>30.2"</td> <td>31"</td> <td>32"</td> <td>33"</td> <td>34"</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate1"> <td>D: Head Tube Length</td> <td>4.25"</td> <td>4.5"</td> <td>5.25"</td> <td>6.25"</td> <td>7"</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate2"> <td>E: Wheelbase</td> <td>43.2"</td> <td>44.1"</td> <td>45"</td> <td>45.8"</td> <td>47.5"</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate1"> <td>Rider Height</td> <td>5'3" - 5'6"</td> <td>5'7" - 5'10"</td> <td>5'11" - 6'1"</td> <td>6'2" - 6'4"</td> <td>6'5"+</td> </tr> <tr class="alternate2"> <td>Frame Weight</td> <td>TBD</td> <td>7.2 lbs</td> <td>TBD</td> <td>TBD</td> <td>TBD</td></tr></tbody></table>

SHaheeby, I just think you need to adjust and get more confident i the RFX, they are different bikes and different setups, not apples for apples and might require slightly different ride styles based on travel and angles but sounds like ya don;t ride the RFX enough to be confident enough in its abilities, allot comes down to the wieght giving that nimble fast turning experience or input, the amount of input for a reaction on the HL is more hence on the RFX it feels unstable or flighty maybe!

I posted 08 and 06 as not sure which year RFX ya have now
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    stem length makes a massive difference. it's one thing i've noticed that makes more difference than any other, what length stem you got on the rfx? don't forget the rfx is meant to be a bit quicker steering due to head angle but also the axle to crown length may make a difference.
    sell the rfx and put some leg work in......

trail fairy
    Oh forgot Shaheeby ya know we need side elevation piccs of each

OR else this thread ?
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Elitest thrill junkie
    How tall are you? If you are 5'11 or taller, I could easily see why a medium RFX would seem twichy and such.
    Last edited by Jayem; 08-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

~~~~~~~~
    Get a 125 then the RFX won't seem so small.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    Get a 125 then the RFX won't seem so small.

yes

okbye

~~~~~~~~
    okay, I figured out your problem, 4000 feet of climbing, darkness, lack of food...

I've been feeling a lot of love for my 08 post whistler, like I've now learned how to ride it. Not that I wasn't loving it before, it's just that my riding improved and everythings been clicking back on the home turf. It really is a perfect bike for the normal polipoli trail rides, and the dhr is much funner dhing those same trails, so of course pinning it on a 6" trail bike is going to get zesty. Props for doing the pig trail at night! 6" rotors? I pushed the 08 up the bottom half one time (daylight of course) and really enjoyed on that section.

There are a few things going on that are effecting your handling. You're a tweener, at the upper end of the medium you are missing out on the stability that bigger riders need, which reminds me, what length stem you running? I remember your 35 on the six pack, 5-10, med. with a 35

We need to get you me and todd together and go ride mamane together, see if you can keep up with him. Pretty cool to get the sm med and lg 08's together, were all same tires, todds stem is kinda long, RP23 and Float, I can pack a RP23 and get you to finally try that and bring my 7.75 dhx.

The short answer to your question is, ride more.

Members who have read this thread: 0