Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

RFX on the way! i swear i heard it leave!

just got off the phone with turner and as the convo went on the ups truck picked up my new frame for delivery! what timeing huh? so heres a update. turns out its gonna be a slightly used '05 h/l rear, not the '06 tnt i thought was gonna be on it (not that it matters), on a slightly used put freshly powder coated '02 RFX front with some tastey custom mods to the hydro guides on the top tube. it will indeed have both 5" and 6" rockers as well as a DHX coil and a AVA. the color is a custom "blue streak" from olympic with silver bold turner logos if they got those on and im sure they did. oh, a rainbow headbadge to make it more old school. always liked the way those looked anyway. should be here next week if all goes well.

funny note. i was emailin with dt just before i called to check up on it and askin for a total so i could make payment. mid letter i checked my balance to make sure i was good to go and got the scare of my life. a $????.?? charge was "pending" and i saw my new bike go up in a stenching black cloud of credit card fraud. it quickly dawned on me that they had my bank info on record after the flux purchase so i immediately called turner to make sure the charge came from them, dt did some fast dbl checking and indeed it had. PHEW! dont think my heart rate was that high climbin mt eldon in flagstaff! i calmed down fast enough and had a great chat with dt for another hour so all yer new frames shipping dates are now 1 day later. sorry folks. its all my fault!

pics to follow in dec. you betcha!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    very PC with the 'don't care if it's HL or TNT'comment. Sure it'll be a great bike. When you say slightly used, is it a $600 trade in with a paint job?

no sir. how do i describe it? i guess as it was described to me. dt talked me into a big bike against my better judgement. who am i kiddin? i wanted it! so its basicly a turner shop bike with low miles and some new bouncy bits. is that about right dt?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    no sir. how do i describe it? i guess as it was described to me. dt talked me into a big bike against my better judgement. who am i kiddin? i wanted it! so its basicly a turner shop bike with low miles and some new bouncy bits. is that about right dt?

I'm just pullin' your chain cc, same as you do with everyone else, you old coot!! Why didn't you go ano green?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I mean, nobody really thinks DT just looked in the trashcan, saw some bits, had the front end PC'd, then thought 'I can sell this to cactuscorn', for some cash did he???

LMAO CC!!!

;-)

naaaa. i didnt think that, man. wasnt sure were you were goin but it looks like i missed my own joke huh? thanx for bringin me back down to my station.

hell, i didnt know about the anno green! but if i had..... maybe, just maybe. i used to pine over this old bmx team that ran blue, green and white stuff. think of it with blue king bits and some polished bits! but in the end im a blue guy. if its blue, i own it! dt did me a real solid by helpin me with this color.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    you crack me up cc, you're a credit to this forum, and that's a fact. Enjouy your 'new' bike, sorry couldn't resist the quote marks!!!

dammit man! yer gonna make me blush and ruin the whole pastey white face to match my new/old dredged up blue bike look! wonder if red blush goes with green anno?

and thanx.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    dammit man! yer gonna make me blush and ruin the whole pastey white face to match my new/old dredged up blue bike look! wonder if red blush goes with green anno?

and thanx.

you're welcome, you're the new man in town, with the old bike in town!!!!!

Having bought me and the wife a spot now, I trust DT to give me a great ride...

Sure he's done the same for you...

once again yer dead wrong pal. im the OLD man in town with 3 turners now. 1 almost as old as i am, 1 brand new and another... well..... in limbo i suppose. and yeah, he takes good care of me but that doesnt set me apart from anyone else as far as i can tell. i just get more emails is all. yet nary a krissmiss card after all these years! could that be the next step in turner c.s.????
    No, I'm NOT back!

Never enough time to ride
    Your bike shipped, your fork arrived today, and your gonna crap when you see how beastly that bad boy is. Man now all you gotta do is get yer front hub bits and you'll be set.

By the way I need to sneak that Titec back from you. They're gonna send me some new hardware for it, but I need to get some pics and bolt sizes to send in.

I wouldn't say your old, just well wheathered. Same as yer old Burner, and apparently your new RFX (JK)

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

oh, and dont forget i gotta pay for all this crap somehow. even though the frame is so old dust chokes next to it, it still set me back a pretty penny. ill assume the rest of the parts came as well.

the stem is in hand. i wont forget it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Sadly that's the only thing that showed up today strangly enough. I'm pretty sure you'll get that crap paid for pretty quick. You won't be able to let it sit there that long. It's killing me having that Talas and Float RL sitting there, have to wait till after the holidays though. Then the fun starts.

happy trails...

Squish
    Get out and ride!

i gave a certain someone a heads up that you may sayin hi soon. if ebay goes well i may be in better shape myself.
    No, I'm NOT back!

banned
    CC, I think you're putting us on. Until I see a pic, I won't believe it. Nu uh. Nope. Nada.

aahhhhhhhhhh suddupppp or ill nix yer spyder pal!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member

Cactus, what size frame is it?

Cactus,
    Just wondeing what size this frame is?

Large by chance?

Thanks

med - 18"er for the old guy. i used to ride a 21 but this damn ostioperosis is killin me!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    once again yer dead wrong pal. im the OLD man in town with 3 turners now. 1 almost as old as i am, 1 brand new and another... well..... in limbo i suppose. and yeah, he takes good care of me but that doesnt set me apart from anyone else as far as i can tell. i just get more emails is all. yet nary a krissmiss card after all these years! could that be the next step in turner c.s.????
    What, you don't get a Christmas ham like the rest of us? Get off this forum right now!

i knew it. im not dt's love child afterall! you guys all got hams? in the imortal words of charlie brown, "i got a rock." guess im outta here. now i dont have to post pics of the SPaaNB. sure was fun while it lasted though. old guy out!
    No, I'm NOT back!

OOOOOOOOOO boy! im so close!

most of the fit up is done, brake tabs on both forks faced, z 1 rebuilt with new grafix, custom mixed oil and new seals (thanx for the labor squish! it feels great!), and the rear wheel is relaced with a new hub. all thats left is a 2nd crown race for the 66, spacers for the hope 20mm hub, and longer hydro hose and caliper adaptors for the 6" mode along with some mods to the front adaptor to clear the hope rotor bolts. oh yeah, i need the frame and to mod the rockers for their respective dampers. all the bits for the 5" bike should be in and a finished product to ride and take pics of by mid week if all flys true. the 6" bike should be done the same time of the following week yet i still need to confirm a stem length.

ive decided to run 2.3 tioga d/h route 66 kevlar bead tires on the small format bike to save some bucks as i had em already and like im fine plus thats as big a tire as i can get to clear the old z 1 brake boss mounts without deflation. im sure ill find some lighter faster tires down the road. the 2.5 kendas will live on the big wheels for the big fork in big bike format. thought id keep ya all up to date.

yeah, im gettin fully pumped!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Not a problem on the old Z.1 thing. It kept from being totally bored. I'm still scratching my head a bit, what the heck were they thinking putting foam wipers in that fork. When they came out all stuck together and wadded up I knew that couldn't be a good thing. I might have thought otherwise if it had actually worked, but...instead it made the fork feel like pooh.

Looking forward to seeing the RFX when it shows up, that's gonna kick ass.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Lay off the Levers

You have reached my limit...

most of the fit up is done, brake tabs on both forks faced, z 1 rebuilt with new grafix, .... thought id keep ya all up to date.
    That's it dude, one more pictureless teaser and I'm gonna steal your keyboard!

(sorry too much honey-dos and not enough ridey-throughs)
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

good news for me zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    That's it dude, one more pictureless teaser and I'm gonna steal your keyboard!

(sorry too much honey-dos and not enough ridey-throughs)
    its not my keyboard! haaaaaaaaaaaa hahahaha! mines still in the shop, thats why i cant do pics right now. if i could id show ya how cool both new forks look, how sweet both wheelsets are and how crappy a box full of unmounted parts looks. take that buddy!

squish is my new crew chief. can i have one of those at a mtb race like i did at the car races?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Final Proof of Existence...

Well Zilla you can give Cactus his keyboard back. He actually got it and I've got proof. Seeing as his puter is still MIA I have the distinct honor of introducing the his new, and might I say very attractive, ride.

I give you the Six Pack and a Nickel bag. Pics with the big fork and DHX to follow, as soon as he pays for the fork

My camera doesn't do the color justice though, wow.

squish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get out and ride!

How bout a few more??

happy trails...

squish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get out and ride!

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Looking good,CC!
    I love to see the old school headbadge and also the color is very sweet.
    Enjoy the ride!

Later
    RaD

thanx buddy. yeah, the badge was a special request that dt and the boys fixed up for me. im a lucky guy huh? i think it really sets it off and fits the build pretty well. squish is right. im sittin here lookin at the pics and the bike and theres just no comparison. the blue in the pics is light and kinda washed out. the real thing pops big time but not too dark, like a navy. its more like a bright med blue with a kick. ill get some better light soon so you can see what we mean. gawd i cant wait to ride this thing!

next month may bring a few more changes. as it sits i figure im real close to my target weight of 32lbs. my guess is somewhere between 32.5 and 33 by my best (sfjhem) calculations. tires and a seat will bring it down close to 2lbs! oh and ya gotta see it in 6" mode! its friggin sick!

thanx for the pics squish!
    No, I'm NOT back!

t66
    mtbr member

nice

How bout a pic of the modified brazons. Nice RFX!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Great pics. The blue turned out really nice. I really like the way it looks with the 5" rockers.

Enjoy!

-Paul

thanx paul. i feel the love. ya outta see it live. the blue really pops. 6" rokers and a 66 tomorrow.
    No, I'm NOT back!

banned
    I'm interested in hearing how the rear end stacks against the Burner, Flux, and 6" RFX in the 5" mode. I'm looking into an RFX and was thinking of asking for the 5" rockers to go along with it for my trailbike duties.

i want spring!

Rock ring rings

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I'm interested in hearing how the rear end stacks against the Burner, Flux, and 6" RFX in the 5" mode. I'm looking into an RFX and was thinking of asking for the 5" rockers to go along with it for my trailbike duties.
    HEy!

Wit that E13, do you have to remove the larger chain ring ring to put the E13 on on? Is that the norm for all rock rock rings?

old DB
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

ill give a report asap but remember im under a foot of snow or close to it. hard sayin when ill be able to ride it proper like. maybe 1 quick snow ride is in its future but id hate to bugger it up right out of the gate and a snow ride is now way to give a quantified impression. hang tight folks. it might be awhile.
    No, I'm NOT back!

yeah, the big ring comes off and lives on the original arms for now. might use it for d/h if needed. most guards/guides require you to lose the big ring or move it inboard to the mid ring spot for a single ring setup, however there are a few good guards that allow for 3 rings. ask yer lbs or get back to me and ill give ya some info.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0