Results 1 to 47 of 47
  1. #1
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464

    New question here. RFX the new Flux?

    I'm surrounded by a bunch of weight weenies!! CC I'm blaming you for all these weenie RFX's!!





    New suspension




    Full side view
    Nothing to see here.

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    55?

    Sissy fork.

  3. #3
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    55?

    Sissy fork.
    For sure. Only 5.09lbs with axle and 8.5" steer tube.
    Nothing to see here.

  4. #4
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,313
    Super yumm!
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  5. #5
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    ya know what really sux? they ride sooooo nice! yer welcome.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  6. #6
    parts leftover
    Reputation: schlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    994
    What's amazing is the weight is with a Cane Creek DB coil, a gravity retarder, and a chain guide. Welcome to the welter-weight club, but mine's still lighter at 31.56 after its crash diet!

    ...nice fork, btw.

  7. #7
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,442
    Quote Originally Posted by schlim
    What's amazing is the weight is with a Cane Creek DB coil, a gravity retarder, and a chain guide. Welcome to the welter-weight club, but mine's still lighter at 31.56 after its crash diet!

    ...nice fork, btw.
    Makes one wonder how much a granny gear, front derailuer & shifter + cable weigh

    How did ssinga's spot end up being heavier with similar parts? I'm thinking it's all in the tires.

  8. #8
    Wicketed
    Reputation: swan lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    585

    not exactly honing every gram off either

    What's amazing is the weight is with a Cane Creek DB coil, a gravity retarder, and a chain guide.
    and are those hope V2s?

    A very nyce machyne. Any chance of more (ahem, better lit ) pictures?

    Ssinga - a genuine 5.09 for the 55? Makes it a good rival for the 36talas for my 5.5spot...
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

  9. #9
    Wicketed
    Reputation: swan lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    585
    dbl pst
    Last edited by swan lee; 11-18-2007 at 11:39 AM.
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

  10. #10
    198
    Reputation: RSutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by swan lee
    and are those hope V2s?

    A very nyce machyne. Any chance of more (ahem, better lit ) pictures?

    Ssinga - a genuine 5.09 for the 55? Makes it a good rival for the 36talas for my 5.5spot...
    Yeah those are V2's. Great brakes...some of the most power I have ever felt, but the modulation is great.

    I let Hambone know he needs some better pictures. I told him having a RFX this light is cheating. If he is going to go for light...where's the hi spring and Selle Italia SLR???

  11. #11
    Peace & Love
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,270
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    I told him having a RFX this light is cheating.
    dont worry, it wont be his for long

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,368
    OMG, Ham put his freaking online fake name on the side of his bike? Hahahahahaha, wow, SUPERNERD!

  13. #13
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    OMG, Ham put his freaking online fake name on the side of his bike? Hahahahahaha, wow, SUPERNERD!
    That "name" is called a "Handle".

    Who's the nerd now Dusty ?

  14. #14
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,399
    "Handles" are ghey

    That bike is not, love the full frame paint.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,884
    If you look closely, you might see something else of Hammy's in this link!



  16. #16
    198
    Reputation: RSutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    If you look closely, you might see something else of Hammy's in this link!

    Wow...it turned out even better than I thought it would.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    Whoa ! What a build ! Makes me think (always bad). Gonna cost out what it would be to build mine up like yours. I'll come up w/ a price per pound and see if it is worth it maybe.
    What did you do for wheel/tires... ? Couldn't make that out.
    Last edited by greenmacheen; 11-18-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    All about the ride

  18. #18
    198
    Reputation: RSutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmacheen
    Whoa ! What a build ! Makes me think (always bad). Gonna cost out what it would be to build mine up like yours. I'll come up w/ a price per pound and see if it is worth it maybe.
    What did you do for wheel/tires... ? Couldn't make that out.
    King HD on Stan's Flows with Specialized Eskars. Wheels built by Chad at Red Barn.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    Don't know much on the Stans. Thinking of 819s on Hadley + keep a second set for DH. Also I just noticed yo have that GDrop post on there. Those look tempting for a bike like this. You loving it or what ? How is the whole side to side play thing ? I've seen Maverick is going to come out w/ one for 27.2mm frames.
    All about the ride

  20. #20
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Makes one wonder how much a granny gear, front derailuer & shifter + cable weigh

    How did ssinga's spot end up being heavier with similar parts? I'm thinking it's all in the tires.
    It all in the scale!!

    I have been using the Eskar tires too but my pedals are way heavier. The Spot is 32.49lbs.
    Nothing to see here.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    237

    rfx for sale

    in about 3 months if I stick to my modus operandi! Waiting list starts now. Contact SSINGA for details

  22. #22
    198
    Reputation: RSutton1223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone
    in about 3 months if I stick to my modus operandi! Waiting list starts now. Contact SSINGA for details

    You have some serious issues...

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    How close a fit was the rear rotor to the new stay?

    What about the brake mounts on the 55? Still needed a spacer to get to 203?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,368
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    That "name" is called a "Handle".

    Who's the nerd now Dusty ?
    I must say Im proud to have not known the proper term for an internet message board fake name.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    How close a fit was the rear rotor to the new stay?

    What about the brake mounts on the 55? Still needed a spacer to get to 203?
    Hey JC, plenty of room between the rotor and the stay, relatively speaking. Needed an adaptor for the 55, not sure what you mean about a spacer......

  26. #26
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    I was wondering if they spaced the front mounts for a 203 out of the box. If you needed and adapter, that means no.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    You have some serious issues...
    thanks Kettle!

  28. #28
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    wouldnt that have pretty much screwed anyone wantin to use a smaller rotor? bad call i say. specially on a 55.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  29. #29
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I was wondering if they spaced the front mounts for a 203 out of the box. If you needed and adapter, that means no.
    Adapter = yes
    Spacers = no. Only the IS Zocchi mounts required the spacer for the 20mm axle. 55. is post mount.
    Nothing to see here.

  30. #30
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464

    203mm Rotor Real Estate

    Plenty of room in my book. Hope moto 203mm rotor on stock 07 Spot.

    From the top


    from the bottom
    Nothing to see here.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,884
    Sean, how did your bike get dirty?


  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Adapter = yes
    Spacers = no. Only the IS Zocchi mounts required the spacer for the 20mm axle. 55. is post mount.
    Nah, there are spacer mounts for Posts. I actually use one by Hayes for one of my brakes to space 20mm on a post mount to post mount caliper.


  33. #33
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Sean, how did your bike get dirty?
    Riding it - of course

    That is a fringe benefit of not being employed
    Nothing to see here.

  34. #34
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,128
    Quote Originally Posted by DB
    OMG, Ham put his freaking online fake name on the side of his bike? Hahahahahaha, wow, SUPERNERD!
    Yeah, yeah... and, and, Dungeon Masters don't have levels!

    I heard tell HB actually wanted to put your mom's name on his bike but FoShizzle got really upset.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    667
    Nice bike.

    Drop it another six pounds and it will be rideable.

  36. #36
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    wouldnt that have pretty much screwed anyone wantin to use a smaller rotor? bad call i say. specially on a 55.
    Go big or go home Homie...



    Does a 203 rotor take the RFX like flux over 31lbs
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  37. #37
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    Is there a pool going yet as for how long Hambone keeps this bike? I'm in for five bucks.

  38. #38
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Nah, there are spacer mounts for Posts. I actually use one by Hayes for one of my brakes to space 20mm on a post mount to post mount caliper.

    That reminds me of a pic I saw on Nasioc.com, it was a camero with a wing mounted on a wing (and that in turn was mounted on the stock wing). It was awesome.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  39. #39
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    Hahaha...I might have seen the pic and know what you're talking about.

    I never bothered to get another 183 rear adapter. I did end up needing to use the spacer on my AM1 post mounts to run a 183 up front, so now it went to the rear.

  40. #40
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Is there a pool going yet as for how long Hambone keeps this bike? I'm in for five bucks.
    Such a low bet for a sure thing.
    Nothing to see here.

  41. #41
    Baked Alaskan
    Reputation: AK Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,810

    Grrrrrrrrr...

    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    For sure. Only 5.09lbs with axle and 8.5" steer tube.
    So its lighter than the 07 66 SL and has the maxle wannabe axle. Damn you Marzocchi! The 66 was the first fork I've bought in years that wasn't a closeout or NOS and now they change the one thing I really hate about my fork. I really liked the Maverick system and the Maxle that the Spot's Pike is sporting. Looks like I jumped in one year too early, mother-focker! I really dig the QR, looks like my 66 will find its way into the classifieds soon.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

  42. #42
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    I must say Im proud to have not known the proper term for an internet message board fake name.
    I still get the internet and CB radios confused.
    10-4 good buddy!

  43. #43
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    now that was funny!
    No, I'm NOT back!

  44. #44
    Roy
    Roy is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    RFX the new Flux?
    And in other late breaking news, Alexander the Great conquers Persia but continues to pursue Darius III into Assyria. Film at 11.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    It all in the scale!!

    I have been using the Eskar tires too but my pedals are way heavier. The Spot is 32.49lbs.
    I just bought an Eskar to try out on the rear. How do you like the Eskar up front?

  46. #46
    fried stuff with cheese
    Reputation: Locotiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    That is a fringe benefit of not being employed
    You to? I was laid off three weeks ago.

    Unfortunately by the time I got all my job search stuff in order (today) there is now snow on the ground.

    Oh well, guess I'll finish putting the Cove hard tail together and get the studs out.
    Egg

  47. #47
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    You to? I was laid off three weeks ago.

    Unfortunately by the time I got all my job search stuff in order (today) there is now snow on the ground.

    Oh well, guess I'll finish putting the Cove hard tail together and get the studs out.
    ha must be catching I pulled the pin some 5months ago, building up so contract work, relief Cow milking on the farm, some odd stuff for people, some trail work, been working on a plan to become a full time trail builder, gtting some relationships going with people who have had difficulty with local bodies etc sowing the seeds to put my skills in practice to get some land DJs going more trails etc, lots of ideas and plans if I get any more relaxed I think I'll keel over from lack of a heart rate.

    Oh I ride **** loads too no money though

    Oh well sometimes ya gotta take some steps backwards to go forwards lest I know what Im doing this time, I think, seems like something is always ready to cut ya down or knock you over, but like a good ride its how you get back up, and committ to going for it again and again.

    Yeahaaaaa maybe we should start another arm of Homerville for those of us out of the grid
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.