RFX FSA headset model- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

RFX FSA headset model

According to the RFX FAQ, standard a FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 0˚ headset is installed. However if I look at the FSA site for that name a complete other model is shown.

Does anyone have the exact link of the FSA 0˚ headset that is installed in RFX (without the angleset).

I need a crownrace, and therefore I need the exact model number, so I can order the correct part.

Thanks!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Mine didn't come with a race It's on it's way.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Mine didn't come with a race It's on it's way.

Look underneath the topcap.

They get stuck in there. You're not the first person to think they didn't have one.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Look underneath the topcap.

They get stuck in there. You're not the first person to think they didn't have one.
    Well son-of-a-*****, thanks. I even brought it by the dealer.

On the other hand, I was missing the 2nd cable guide up from the bottom of the downtube and the derailleur plugs, so I figured that was missing too and I'm use to a silver race and one that doesn't fit so neatly in the cup (it was upside down in the cup too, so not organized in the order it would go into a fork...)
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

D01
    mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I had this same problem.

I picked up a used one the LBS had lying around, and then couldn't figure out why I couldn't tighten the headset!

mtbr member
    All my headset parts were in the same box as the inserts for the rear disc brake caliper.

Either way, I don't know why you'd try and order it from FSA. Just call Turner. I'm sure they'd ship one overseas or hook you up somehow. The headset is sort of proprietary to the Turner frame anyway, no?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by D01 View Post
    I had this same problem.

I picked up a used one the LBS had lying around, and then couldn't figure out why I couldn't tighten the headset!
    It's an IQ test. Once I saw the gold ring that obviously goes in the top, I knew the bevel I was seeing in the top cap didn't make sense. Flip the race and you probably got the advanced version. It really is amazing how well that race fits in there.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for all responses.

I cannot check this for two weeks, but it might be possible. However the black ring there did not seem to be from hardened steel like from other brands or other FSA models.

But I will certainly try your suggestion. Thanks!

I cannot look now for the FSA model, so if someone still can tell me the model name. I want to be sure that is there over two weeks in Europe and I can fetch the FSA manual from there site and examine in detail for the correct installation instructions.

mtbr member
    FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 0˚ headset is all they list on the website.

If you can't call because you are overseas try this:
    General Tech - Turner Bikes

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eiri View Post
    Thanks for all responses.

I cannot check this for two weeks, but it might be possible. However the black ring there did not seem to be from hardened steel like from other brands or other FSA models.

But I will certainly try your suggestion. Thanks!

I cannot look now for the FSA model, so if someone still can tell me the model name. I want to be sure that is there over two weeks in Europe and I can fetch the FSA manual from there site and examine in detail for the correct installation instructions.
    You probably have it just like I and everyone else who thought they didn't. And yes it's black anodized aluminum, not steel. That said I don't think I've ever seen an incompatible race across FSA headsets in the last 5 years or so. I'm pretty sure they all have the same taper on the bearings....IE: any tapered race from FSA will work.