Replacement Rocker Bolts for 5 Spot- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Replacement Rocker Bolts for 5 Spot

Hi folks,

Whilst swapping my rockers on a 5-spot I have managed to mangle the head of one (the last one of course) bolt. Assuming I can get this one out, what's the best way to procure another bolt for a rider based in the UK? Are they a generic xxxxx fitment, that might be found elsewhere or do I have to buy a bolt kit from Turner and wait for transatlantic postage?

I will be contacting our UK distributor on Monday, but any advice would be much appreciated.

TIA.

p.s. The lesson to be learnt here is not to rush these jobs and to do them more than a week before you need the Spot for the Alps holiday - nuts.....
    Throwing "special" shapes since a long time ago.....

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    drag. always when ya dont have the time to correct the problem, huh?

as far as i know and have learned from this same question bein asked from folks accross the river before, yer kinda screwed till new parts show up. sometimes the distributer or a local shop has some, other times a homer comes through with a cpl spare bits for a fellow homer in need.

may wanna start a new thread beggin the locals for a bolt. if yer gonna be in iowa, ill give ya 1 myself.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Alaska Turner Mafia
    May as well buy an entire pivot kit. It comes with all the parts needed for a complete pivot rebuild, including new bolts. That way you have bushings and axles on hand when you need them, you can use one of the bolts for your replacement need, plus stash one other into your Camelback in case one is lost during a ride.

I did this a few years ago, carrying the extra bolt and horst pivot nut along as spares was always pretty comforting, especially considering some of the remote rides I do. A main pivot started getting sloppy after a few years too, and there was no waiting to address it, parts were already in my Garage Mahal.

A few years ago I saw a friend walking his Burner down Porcupine Rim. He'd lost a bolt and didn't want to ride further without it. That must have sucked!
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

Mr.Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoRando
    May as well buy an entire pivot kit. It comes with all the parts needed for a complete pivot rebuild, including new bolts. That way you have bushings and axles on hand when you need them, you can use one of the bolts for your replacement need, plus stash one other into your Camelback in case one is lost during a ride.

I did this a few years ago, carrying the extra bolt and horst pivot nut along as spares was always pretty comforting, especially considering some of the remote rides I do. A main pivot started getting sloppy after a few years too, and there was no waiting to address it, parts were already in my Garage Mahal.

A few years ago I saw a friend walking his Burner down Porcupine Rim. He'd lost a bolt and didn't want to ride further without it. That must have sucked!
    Endo, didn't you find a trail worthy T-40 Torx wrench outta some tool catalog ? Did you get one ? Never mind, found 'em http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/371serie.htm
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Members who have read this thread: 0