mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Rear pivot 08 spot

I was checking my frame and noticed that the rear pivot nuts on my spot are different to my flux frame.Even though there is only one kit available in the uk.Do you have to re-use the nuts.Mine are a stepped non nyloc on the spot but are standard nylocs on the flux.
    I have enclosed a photo of the spot nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~~~~~~~~
    The stepped nut is the new setup and the seatstay holes are specific for this nut. In a bind I've flipped one of the old nylock nuts around and the shoulder fits in the larger outside hole. I'm not sure why both kits wouldn't be available in the UK, have you asked? Turners store only shows the old ones, so you need to be specific when ordering.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thanks.The rest of the pivots have been fitted with a push bushing kit.E-mailed the turner importer and they said there is only one kit.Is there a different kit number for this type of pivot.I can see that the hole in the upper arm is enlarged to take this stepped nut.I have refitted both nuts with some medium loctite after checking and cleaning/regreasing the pivots.
    What grease are you all using on the pivots.Will i need to get m-prep.

~~~~~~~~
    that's odd on the kit.
    Definatly loctite those nuts, was suprised to not see nylock nuts or thread lock bolts myself.
    and yes to M-prep, you could use other light greases but M-prep is intended for those types of materials as opposed to rolling metal bearing type greases.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks again.
    I have emailed turner usa.See if they can sort it out.
    Any ideas who else i could contact.

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Aside from being different is there a problem with the hardware, is it stripped? I had the rear pivot come loose on my old Spot and ovalized the hole a bit. I called Turner and they sent the stepped nut and bolt and I just had to drill the hole to fit the nut. Good as new.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Turner usa are going to send silverfish(uk turner importer) some of these special nuts.Theres nothing wrong with mine needed to know i could get spares.If it came to it i would make some at work.

Members who have read this thread: 0