Random 07 RFX Franken bike questions- Mtbr.com
    Living the Dream

Random 07 RFX Franken bike questions

I have a couple of questions on the new 07 RFXs. Hopefully TScheezy, JNCarpenter, or some of the other Techies on here can help. Will the new 07 Front Triangle and rockers work with an 03 rear triangle? Is it possible to use an 7.5X2.0 DHX Coil with the new frame? I'm assuming I would get slacker geometry, less travel, and a lower BB, but I could be wrong. I just got my DHX pushed and I love it and I would like to continue using it.

Thanks
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    Will the new 07 Front Triangle and rockers work with an 03 rear triangle?
    Yep. The new rear triangle (which is the same on the new RFX and 5.5 Spot) is actually geometrically about half way between the old 6-Pack and 5-Spot traingles. Should work great.

Is it possible to use an 7.5X2.0 DHX Coil with the new frame? I'm assuming I would get slacker geometry, less travel, and a lower BB, but I could be wrong. I just got my DHX pushed and I love it and I would like to continue using it.
    I seriously doubt this, but to my knowledge no one has tried yet. The bottomed i2i of the new RFX's shock is 5.625". The bottomed i2i of the shock you own is 5.5". Moving the new RFX's linkage that extra 0.125" could very likely cause either a tire to stuff into the seat tube, or cause the seat stay yoke to hit the seat tube. The bike would ride considerably lower in the back in any case. Who knows, some people may like that.

Maybe El Chingon can bolt his old shock onto his new RFX and check for clearance. I have no idea why anyone would want this combo anyway. Just ride a pre-07 RFX. They aren't such bad bikes.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Living the Dream

Thanks Tscheezy.

I am planning on getting an 07 RFX and was wondering about just getting the Front, rockers and an RP32.

Drink an Alaskan Pale for me. When I get some motivation, I'll post some pics from trip to AK this summer.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Team Sanchez
    Sorry boys, but I already shipped the old DHX back to Push to swap for the new size that I need. If I can get a hold of Slim's RP3 I'll strap it on and see what happens on full penetration....i mean....compression.

Edit: Alp, you could always contact Push, and see if they could do some sort of trade with you on your 7.5 DHXp.

Living the Dream

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Sorry boys, but I already shipped the old DHX back to Push to swap for the new size that I need. If I can get a hold of Slim's RP3 I'll strap it on and see what happens on full penetration....i mean....compression.

Edit: Alp, you could always contact Push, and see if they could do some sort of trade with you on your 7.5 DHXp.
    I'll give them a call. How is team Sanchez doing? I'm gonna try and make the THC next year.

Team Sanchez
    How is team Sanchez doing? I'm gonna try and make the THC next year.
    Sanchez is good. We are always on the lookout for tranny, in fact we've been out building a little of our own lately. Pics to follow.

Members who have read this thread: 0